- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore Yogyakarta on this private 5-hour city sightseeing tour. Visit the best places Yogyakarta has to offer such as Kraton Sultan Palace, Taman Sari, the Water Castle and a silver workshop.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Share pickup and drop-off from centrally located Yogyakarta hotels
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Water Castle (Tamansari)
- Entry/Admission - Yogyakarta Palace
- Food and drinks
- Harbor entrance fees if applicable
Your centrally located Yogyakarta hotel
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
Start the the day with a pickup from your hotel at 8:30am by your guide. After a 30-minute drive, arrive at the Kraton Sultan Palace. Walking over the remnants of the past centuries enables you to understand the history of this artistic city. It was built in 1970 by Sri Sultan Hamengkubowono I., which is also a model of traditional Javanese palace architecture and it lies in the center of the municipality. The kraton still serves as the Sultan palace. Over 25,000 people live within the greater Kraton compound named Taman Sari, which consist of its own market, shops, batik and silver cottage industries, schools and mosques.
Follow-up with a walking tour to the Water Castle. Afterward, continue to Kota Gede, famous as the hub of Yogyakarta’s silver industry since the 1930’s. This old town, which is now a suburb of Yogyakarta, was the first capital of the Mataram Kingdom, founded by Panembahan Senopati in 1582. You will visit the busy silver workshops to watch the process.
You will be transferred back to your hotel at approximately 1:30pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour is only operational in the morning
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.