- 1 day (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Yogyakarta - is renowned throughout Indonesia as the centre of classical Javanese fine art, culture and courtly traditions. Many performances can be seen in the Sultan Palace of Yogyakarta, including gamelan orchestra, classical dance, Wayang Golek (puppetry), and Javanese poetry readings. Sultan Palace (or ‘Kraton’), structurally is one of the finest example of Javanese palace architecture, featuring some luxurious halls and spacious courtyards and pavilions where we can meet with elder servants in traditional Javanese dress. This excursion gives you an insight into the lifestyles of Javanese aristocracy, through a unique royal history and exquisite cultural traditions that survive to the present day.
• UNESCO- World Heritage Site
• Dedicated guide with good knowledge of history and culture
• Royal Hi-Tea ceremony procession
• Art performance in Sultan Palace based on schedule
- Return transfer from/to hotel using a mini van (joined transfer)
- Royal Hi-Tea
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Prevailing government tax & service charge
- Alcoholic beverages, tipping for driver/guide
Your hotel in Yogyakarta
Your hotel in Yogyakarta
English speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
German speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday and Friday
French speaking Guide : Wednesday only
Dutch speaking Guide : Monday only
The tours starts in the morning, with pick up at the hotel, then travel to the first destination - Sultan Palace. This palace was built in 1755-1756 and is still inhabited by the royal family nowadays. Continue to Taman Sari Water Castle, about 2 km from the Sultan Palace; it is a former royal garden where the former Sultans spent their rest time, with their wives and concubines. It was also a place of refuge during the war. Visit the other palace in Yogyakarta, Pakualaman, which enjoys special legal status from the Indonesian government, granting the position of vice-governor of Yogyakarta to the ruling Paku Alam prince. After lunch at leisure, visit to Kotagedhe area; this is the first capital of the Mataram Sultanate, established on 16th century. Visit the royal cemetery and the royal mosque. In the afternoon, end the day by enjoying a luxurious royal hi-tea ceremony called “Patehan”.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation is based upon availabilites
- Children (4 – 11 years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- Transfer is based on seat-in-coach (SIC), additional charge applies for private transfer
- Child below 6 is complimentary
- Advanced booking at minimum 36 hours prior to activity is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.