- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Join this fantastic private tour for the chance to spend the day exploring Gedong Songo Temple. Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at Susan SPA Restaurant. Have some peace of mind as return transfers to and from your Semarang accommodation is included.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Professional Driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Gedong Songo Temple
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Your Semarang Accommodation.
Your Semarang Accommodation.
Spend the day exploring the wonderful Gedong Songo Temple complex on this tour that highlights Java’s ancient culture. Boarding your comfortable air-conditioned van at the pier, you’ll begin a two-hour journey through the picturesque countryside as you make your to the complex. Constructed during the 9th century Syailendra Dynasty, the temples were discovered 1804 by Sir Stamford Raffles and are considered excellent examples of the Early Classic style of Javanese architecture.
Arriving at the parking area for the complex, you’ll disembark your van and continue your journey to the temples on horseback. As the horse’s owner leads you up the pine-forested trail, you are free to enjoy the panoramic scenery passing by. Situated at a height of approximately 4,000 feet abovesea level, the temples provide breath-taking views across north-central java and on a clear day, you can see a line of volcanoes on the horizon, from Mt.lawu in the east to Mt.Sumbing, Mt.Sundro and the Dieng massif in the west.
The temples themselves are more or less evenly spaced between 300 – 700 feet apart on individual hills and ridges that project fro the mountainside. On the main temple, which is dedicated to Siva, the statue of Nandiswara on the north side and Mahakala on the outside of the doorway, are still in place. The siva temple stands as confirmation that Javanese Hindu iconography had reached its maturity by this time in history. Within the temple grounds you will also find several hot sulfur springs that are open to bathers for a fee.
After approximately ninety minutes enjoying the wonderful architecture and history of the Gedong Songo Temples, you’ll travel to the delightful Bandungan Resort for a tasty Indonesian buffet lunch. Following lunch at this highlands location, its time to make the return trek to the Semarang.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour travels by van for approximately 3.5 hours
- Not available to wheelchair guests or those with mobility concerns
- Not recommended for those with heart problems, asthma, epilepsy, recent back or neck injuries, or pregnant women
- Lightweight clothing, a hat, sunglasses and comfortable, flat shoes with closed-toes are suggested
- Guests may be required to sign a release form before being allowed to take part in the tour
- There are no restrooms on the coach, but restrooms are available at the temple complex and at the resort
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.