- 3 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy the famous tomato fight of Bunol (La Tomatina) with quality 3* Valencia hotel accommodation, entry ticket, return transfer to Bunol and experienced tour guide. As Bunol has very little in the way of accommodation near all people stay in the fantastic beachside city of Valencia. This package gives you 2 nights of accommodation with breakfast plus door-to-door return transfer to Bunol for the tomato fight, the compulsory entry ticket you need to get into the tomato fight and an experienced tour guide. There is also entry (age 18+) to an exclusive pre-party and to the Official La Tomatina After Party. Price is dependant on the room type and prices quoted are per person. Search for the 4 star hotel option should you want a better class hotel.
- 3 Star Hotel accommodation in central Valencia with buffet breakfasts daily.
- Exclusive welcome party at the fabulous Umbracle Terrace nightclub, right in the heart of the City of Sciences and Arts
- Coach transport to and from Bunol for La Tomatina
- Souvenir T-Shirt
- Experienced Tour Guide - to ensure you get the most out of the Battle of the Tomato
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Airport transfers
We use three centrally located 3 star hotels in Valencia. We also offer 4 and 5 star options which you can search for.
Day 1 - Tuesday - Check into hotel - Tour briefing and Welcome party
Make your way to your hotel and check in. Our staff will be on hand in the hotel foyer throughout the day to answer any questions and provide you with tickets and t-shirt. There is an evening welcome meeting for those who wish to attend before heading to the nearby La Tomatina pre-party. * Due to Spanish licencing laws you must be 18 years or age or older to get in to the pre-party venue.
Day 2 - Wednesday - The Big Day - La Tomatina
After an early breakfast, we transfer by coach to Bunol journey time approximately 1 hour. The Tomatina festival commences around 11am, following the desperate attempts of the human ladders to grab a large ham at the top of a greased pole in the centre of town.
Several dump trucks full of tomatoes are emptied into the main, very narrow street of the town and then the fun really begins with the locals and other travellers covering each other in tomatoes. After approximately one hour a gun blast signals the end of the fight and everyone goes for a welcome shower (if they can find one) and joins in the fiesta. We depart Bunol mid afternoon returning to our hotels in Valencia for another much needed wash and rest.
Tonight is a free night and a chance to head into the fabulous old town of Valencia. We also offer free admission to the official La Tomatina After Party if you arrive before 9pm (€20 after 9pm). This is nearly as big as the event itself, with over 3000 people attending this great outdoor event. You are to make your own way from your hotel.
• During La Tomatina it is recommended that girls wear tight fitting sports bra and/or singlet and shorts, along with footwear such as sandals or trainers/runners. Guys generally wear old cheap shorts, T-shirt and shoes only. All passengers take a change of clothes to Bunol and plan on throwing out everything you wear to the tomato fight.
• The City Council of Bunol who organises the La Tomatina event presently do not put an age restriction of those who can participate in the tomato fight. However you should note that the people in the tomato fight can get pretty carried away randomly throwing tomatoes in all directions. It can, wherever you may be in the tomato fight, get pretty full on.
Day 3 - Thursday - Departure Day
Our La Tomatina tour finishes after breakfast today. For those of you who wish to stay on extra nights they are available on request although they must be booked before the tour begins through PP Travel to be certain that a room is available.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The pre party and Official After Party are both held within licensed venues and entry is restricted to people 18 years of age and over. This is due to Spanish licensing laws. Sorry, but people under 18 years of age will not gain entry to these events.
- The City Council of Bunol who organises the La Tomatina event presently do not put an age restriction of those who can participate in the tomato fight. However you should note that the people in the tomato fight can get pretty carried away randomly throwing tomatoes in all directions. It can, wherever you may be in the tomato fight, get pretty full on.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.