- 4 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy the famous tomato fight of Bunol (La Tomatina) with quality comfortable 5 star Valencia hotel accommodation package. As Bunol has very little in the way of accommodation near all people stay in the fantastic beachside city of Valencia. This package gives you 3 nights of 5 star accommodation with breakfast plus Private transfer from Valencia airport to your hotel, Valencia Old Town walking tour with local guide, door-to-door return transfer to Bunol for the tomato fight, the compulsory entry ticket you need to get into the tomato fight and an experienced tour guide. There is also entry (age 18+) to an exclusive pre-party and to the Official La Tomatina After Party. Search for our 3 star or 4 star hotel option should you want a cheaper option.
- 5 Star Hotel accommodation in central Valencia with buffet breakfasts daily.
- Meet and greet at hotel on the afternoon of August 27th
- Private transfers from Valencia Airport
- Walking tour with guide of Valencia old city with dedicated Valencia Guias Guide
- Exclusive welcome party at the fabulous Umbracle Terrace nightclub, right in the heart of the City of Sciences and Arts
- Coach transport to and from Bunol for La Tomatina
- Souvenir T-Shirt
- Experienced Tour Guide - to ensure you get the most out of the Battle of the Tomato
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Airport transfers from hotel to airport
We use one centrally located 5 star hotel in Valencia. We also offer 3 star and 4 star options which you can search for.
Day 1 - Monday - Check into Hotel & Tour Briefing
Your private transfer will collect you from Valencia airport to arrive at the Westin Hotel at your leisure throughout the day. Meet with your PP Travel representative at 5pm this afternoon for a full greeting and tour briefing session so you can be totally prepared for the tomato battle on Wednesday.
Day 2 - Tuesday - Valencia Old Town Walking Tour & Evening Welcome Party
Today we have a guided tour of the Valencia Old Town area with excellent local guides from Valencia Guias. In the evening we run our pre-party at the amazing outdoor Umbracle nightclub in the heart of the amazing city of Arts and Sciences in the middle of the old river bed that runs through the city.
Day 3 - Wednesday - The Big Day - La Tomatina
After an early breakfast, we transfer by coach to Bunol journey time approximately 1 hour. The Tomatina festival commences around 11am, following the desperate attempts of the human ladders to grab a large ham at the top of a greased pole in the centre of town.
Several dump trucks full of tomatoes are emptied into the main, very narrow street of the town and then the fun really begins with the locals and other travellers covering each other in tomatoes. After approximately one hour and gun blast signals the end of the fight and everyone goes for a welcome shower (if they can find one) and joins in the fiesta. We depart Bunol mid afternoon returning to our hotels in Valencia for another much needed wash and rest.
Tonight is a free night and a chance to head into the fabulous old town of Valencia or perhaps try the wonderful restaurants that line the beach front. We also offer free admission (until 9pm) to the official La Tomatina After Party.
Day 4 - Thursday - Departure Day
Our La Tomatina tour finishes after breakfast today. For those of you who wish to stay on extra nights they are available on request although they must be booked before the tour begins through PP Travel to be certain that a room is available.
• For La Tomatina it is recommended that girls wear tight fitting sports bra and/or singlet and shorts and that everyone wears footwear such as sandals or trainers/runners. All passengers take a change of clothes to Bunol and plan on throwing out everything you wear to the tomato fight.
• The City Council of Bunol who organises the La Tomatina event presently do not put an age restriction of those who can participate in the tomato fight. However you should note that the people in the tomato fight can get pretty carried away randomly throwing tomatoes in all directions. It can, wherever you may be in the tomato fight, get pretty full on.
• Due to licencing laws you must be 18 years or age or older to get in to the pre and after party venues.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The pre party and Official After Party are both held within licensed venues and entry is restricted to people 18 years of age and over. This is due to Spanish licensing laws. Sorry, but people under 18 years of age will not gain entry to these events.
- The City Council of Bunol who organises the La Tomatina event presently do not put an age restriction of those who can participate in the tomato fight. However you should note that the people in the tomato fight can get pretty carried away randomly throwing tomatoes in all directions. It can, wherever you may be in the tomato fight, get pretty full on.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.