- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This is a private tour with private transport for you and your party alone. As Spain's third largest city, there is plenty to see and do during this eight-hour private tour. You will visit Valencia's Mediterranean coast, the futuristic City of Arts and Sciences, and the medieval city gates all by private car before entering the historic, pedestrian-only city center, where you will see Roman ruins, St. Mary's Cathedral, several plazas, La Lonja Silk Exchange, and more. Between 1:00pm and 3:00pm, you will spot at a local restaurant to enjoy a leisurely and delicious lunch before continuing to explore Valencia with your guide. This tour includes a private guide, private transportation, and entrance into two monuments or museums of your choice.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Departure from location of your choice, including your accommodation or cruise ship port.
Your guide will drop you off at a location of your choice at the end of your tour.
Starting at 9:30 am at your hotel, apartment, cruise ship port, or another location of your choosing, your guide will pick you up in a private minivan and take you on a scenic drive of Valencia's Mediterranean beach area, passing the new America's Cup Port, the city's Formula 1 track, the incredible City of Arts and Sciences Complex, and the medieval city gates, among other historical and picturesque sites.
Once in the pedestrian historical city center, you will explore Roman, Moorish, and medieval history with examples from each era. You will see Roman remains from 138BC, along with the 3-era Cathedral, home to the Holy Grail (or so legend has it). If time permits, you may also visit other beautiful churches and chapels in the city center, depending on your interests, as well as the main city plazas. Your tour will certainly include a visit to the Lonja Silk Exchange, a UNESCO-protected World Heritage Site. La Lonja is one of the world's greatest examples of Gothic architecture and was once the center of commerce in Valencia, like the "Wall Street" of the 15th century.
Between 1:00pm and 3:00pm, you will have the chance to sit down for a traditional Spanish lunchtime meal, perhaps of the famous Valencian paella! You can also select a lighter, quicker meal option, if you prefer, though please note the price of the meal is not included in the price of the tour and will be paid to the restaurant directly on the day of the tour.
After a bite to eat, you will continue your tour of Valencia, either in the city center or, if you prefer, in a nearby village or protected nature park. If you choose the nearby village, you will have the chance to explore hilltop Roman fort ruins and a medieval Jewish quarter. If you opt for the nature park, your guide will take you to Spain's largest lagoon and bird sanctuary, where you can choose to take a scenic boat ride along the lagoon for a small extra charge.
At the end of your eight-hour tour, your guide will drop you off at a location of your choice. Your guide would be happy to give suggests for restaurants and shopping in the city center. This tour includes your private guide and transportation, as well as entrances for your family or group to two museums or monuments of your choice. The most commonly requested entrances are La Lonja Silk Exchange, the L'Amoina Roman archaeological museum or St. Mary's Cathedral, though any choice in the city center is an excellent opportunity to explore Valencian history and culture.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- 6 PERSON NOTE: My touring car for 4 - 6 people is a Chrysler minivan with tinted windows, leather seats, and electric doors. The two middle seats are spacious and identical to the front two seats. The back seat is a bench-style with three seats, which might be uncomfortable for three fully grown adults to sit together. If this is the case, I would be happy to make arrangements for a private coach, including a private driver and guide, to comfortably accommodate your party for an additional 200€. At the time of booking, please inform Valencia Private Tours of your touring vehicle preference.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.