- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Our gastrocultural tour in Valencia centre is unique because, thanks to our local guide, the main tourist points of the Valencia centre are visited and, furthermore, we include wine and lunch in the bars/restaurants where local people go.
- Professional art historian guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Tripula
- Hotel pickup
Ateneu Mercantil de València, Plaça de l'Ajuntament, 18, 46002 València, Valencia, Spain
Carrer del Mestre Josep Serrano, 46005 València, Valencia, Spain
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tripula, Calle Micer Masco 42 Entresuelo Puerta 13 Edificio Tabacalera, 46010 Valencia Spain
The day will start by wandering through the streets of the Mercado Central, just like the Valencians do- comparing prices, buying local products and later having a snack in the best tapa bar of the Mercado Central: Central Bar, owned by one of the most reputed chefs in Valencia. The Mercado Central not only is an architectural gem, but also a gastronomic and sociological one.
We will leave the Mercado to stroll through the old quarter and get to know the history and evolution of an important city, since its foundation by the Romans to the present. We will visit the Lonja de la Seda, the shrine of trade in the XV century, which was declared UNESCO Heritage site.
We will also walk through narrow streets and squares in order to reach the Cathedral of Valencia, where the Holy Grail is kept, and Plaza de la Virgen, a very dear and special place for the Valencians. On our way to the Mercado de Colón, -one of the most emblematic spots in the city- we will stop just in front of the impressive façade of the Marqués de Dos Aguas Palace.
Once we get to the Mercado de Colón, which was converted into a meeting point for the Valencians, we will enjoy some local wine in the coolest outdoor bar: Mi Cub. It is a short break before facing the final stretch of our tour, where we will admire two wonderful Valencian modernist buildings: Estación del Norte and the Plaza de Toros ( the Bullring), before going through the modernist enlargement area of the city, where we will have a wonderful lunch in one of the Valencians’ favourite and most reputed tapas bar: Bar Maipi.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.