- 6 hours (Approx.)
On this tour you’ll get to know the most emblematic places of the historical and the modern Valencia in a full City Tour by Bus. But you’ll also have the opportunity to know Valencia as a focal point of Silk Road in the world, in a guided walking visit where you’ll discover the secrets of silk-making and trading in our city. You’ll also savor one of the best paellas in Valencia, in front of the Quart Towers.
- Family friendly
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- 2-hour Silk Road guided tour
- Lunch: Starter. Paella, Arroz a Banda, Cod, Sirloin or Duck. Dessert. A Beverage (wine included)
- City Tour by Bus with 2 routes (90 minutes each one). Ticket valid for use 24 hr.
- Entry/Admission - Museo y Colegio del Arte Mayor de la Seda
- Entry/Admission - Restaurante la pizca de sal
- Entry/Admission - Valencia Bus Turistic
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Oficina Turismo Ajuntament València - Tourist Info Valencia CITY HALL, Plaça de l'Ajuntament, 1, 46002 València, Valencia, Spain
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Restaurante la pizca de sal, Plaça de Santa Úrsula, 3, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Plaza del Ayuntamiento, Placa de l'Ajuntament 1, 46002 Valencia Spain
The guided tour departs from Plaza del Ayuntamiento. You will stroll the narrow streets of the old town to discover the secrets of silk-making and trading in Valencia.
Stop At: Museo y Colegio del Arte Mayor de la Seda, Calle Hospital 7, 46001 Valencia Spain
The Silk Road is a route that was born from commercial exchanges with different products, especially the silk. After a hundreds of years, Valencia was the leading city in Spain in the silk industry.
In 2015, Valencia has been considered as the Silk City 2016 focal point from UNESCO Mediterranean Programme.
You’ll start the visit guide in The College of the Higher Art of Silk Making, a building that treasure an important and rich heritage inside in its frescoes, murals and mosaics. It was one of the main drivers of the Valencian economy and the silk manufacturers from its founding in the 15th century. Nowadays, it’s the Silk Museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Barrio del Carmen, Valencia Spain
Let's walking thought El Carmen neighborhood, the historical centre of Valencia. Next stop will be in an old Silk Factory from the 18th century that still retains its original distribution.
Then, you’ll walk by the neighborhood of Velluters (the velvet artisans) as you listen about the architectural heritage, the delicate fabrics and the charming history of the silk industry.
You'll see the most representative Valencian clothing shops related to silk fabrics, and you’ll appreciate clothing or jewelry that are use nowadays as the traditional way.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: La Lonja de la Seda, Plaza del Mercado, 46001 Valencia Spain
You’ll visit La Lonja de la Seda, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In the past, was the trade center of the city and the silk-tradding had a central role in its commercial transactions.
Finally, you’ll be immerse in an old family factory, where ecclesiastical silk ornaments were produced with old looms and traditional embroidery techniques.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Restaurante la pizca de sal, Plaça de Santa Úrsula, 3, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
After the guided tour by the Valencia Silk Road you’ll enjoy one of the best paellas in Valencia, in a renowned restaurant in front of the Quart Towers.
First you will delight in a typical starter. As main course you can choose between Valencian paella, Arroz a Banda, meat, fish or duck. Then, a homemade dessert and a beverage by person.
During July and August dinner will be served instead of lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Valencia Bus Turistic, Plaça de la Reina, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
After lunch, get ready to enjoy a Tourist Bus Tour with 2 routes included: Historical Valencia route will take you to explore the historical and monumental city: the old town, city center, and other sites of interest such as the Bioparc, the Congress Palace, or the Museum of Fine Arts.
On the Valencia Maritime route you’ll going to meet the coastal area and most modern zone in Valencia: the City of Arts and Sciences, the Port of Valencia and the Malvarrosa Beach, among others. You can combine both routes as you prefer, drop-on drop-off at any stop, as many times as you want on the same day.
The duration is 90 minutes each route.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Languages: Spanish and English (guided tour); audio guide in 10 languages (bus tour)
- All activities should be done the same day. You must go on your own
- Submit a PRINTED VOUCHER both to the Silk Road guide and the bus driver.
- Once the Silk Road guide finishes, go to the restaurant for lunch (at 1pm)
- After lunch, you can take the bus at any time and get on and off at any bus stops over a 24-hour period. The nearest bus stop from the Restaurant is at Plaza de la Reina.
- During July and August dinner will be served instead of lunch, at 8:30pm. You can do the Bus Tour before dinner.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- The nearest bus-stop from the Restaurant is “IVAM” (450 meters walking).
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under 2 years are free (meal not included)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.