- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Sample a broad variety of traditional Valencian treats during this 4-hour culinary walking tour. With a small group of no more than 12 people, explore the Marcado de Colón on foot and taste your way through classic Spanish dishes like jamón, horchata, and artisan chocolates. Finish the tour with some tapas and a glass of Spanish wine, just like a local.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food tastings of jamón, chorizo, local cheese, Valencian olive oil, tapenade and chocolate
- 1 horchata drink
- 3 glasses of local wine
- 2 tapas dishes
- Additional food and beverages
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- tips/gratuities for your guide
Mercado de Colón, Carrer de Jorge Juan, 19, 46004 València, Valencia, Spain
Returns to original departure point
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Paella may be the dish that Valencia is most famed for, but if you’re only eating rice when you’re in town, you’re seriously missing out. That’s why we’re taking you deeper into the city’s culinary traditions on this flavour-packed food tour.
Your gastronomic adventure will kick off in the Exiample district, at Mercado Colón, a market unlike the others in town. Under the magnificent avantgarde architecture, we’ll enjoy our first taste of the region; an organic horchata — the most traditional drink of Valencia, paired with a delicious fartón pastry. Horchata’s main ingredient is tigernut. (“tiger-whaaa???” you say? You’ll just have to join us to find out what we’re talking about!).
Our next stop will be a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it artisan chocolate shop where you’ll taste two mouth-watering chocolates. Handmade truffles, bombones, and cubanitos are all on the menu —which one will you choose?!
After we drag you chocolate lovers outta there, our next stop is the famous Mercado Central, which promises a delightful sensory overload! We’ll guide you through the buzzing and chaotic stalls and start by telling you about the key spices needed to make an authentic paella - Spanish saffron and smoked paprika. Next is a gourmet jamón, chorizo and local cheeses tasting, paired with a nice, local red wine. Let us help you crack that mysterious difference between jamón ibérico and serrano.
An introduction to a small Valencian olive oil producer is up next, which of course will include a tasting. Two extra virgin olive oils, two tapenades and a special jam to be precise. This time with a white wine of course!
Our grand finale will be a stop at a local’s favourite taberna where we’ll finish our tour with two delicious tapas and more wine! Before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on where and what to eat while you’re in the city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear causal dress and comfortable walking shoes
- There is a possibility some of the tour stops may be closed on certain public holidays. Should this happen, you’ll be taken to alternative locations of equal value
- You will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- This tour is not suitable for Vegans. We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions (such as gluten-free) with advanced notice.
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.