- 915 to 1,830 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Witness the grandeur of the Lake District’s central mountains and western fells on this full-day High Mountain Passes tour from Oxenholme. Traveling in small groups, follow a route first traced by the Romans over the Wrynose and Hardknott Passes, two of Britain’s steepest. Ascend through breathtaking fells, visit Roman Hardknott Fort and ride the heritage Ravenglass and Eskdale railway. After a lunch break, admire spectacular views of Wastwater and stroll through the gardens of Muncaster Castle, home to the World Owls Trust before returning to Keswick.
- Transport in a small mini-coach
- On-board commentary in English
- A ride on the Ravenglass and Eskdale narrow gauge railway
- Pick up and drop off at Oxenholme Train Station
- Food & drink
- Additional Entrance fees
- Driver’s gratuity (Optional)
Oxenholme Train Station
Returns to original departure point at approximately 18:30.
Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday
Discover the beautiful sights of the Western Lake District on this adventurous full-day tour. This tour will take you off the beaten track as you discover the magnificent scenery of the Lake District with its beautiful mountains and dramatic lakes.
Make your way over the Wrynose and Hardknott passes, the steepest passes in England we drive past the extraordinary remains of Hardknott Roman Fort, 1,000 feet up on the fells.
Embark on the famous miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale railway before heading to a traditional country inn, where you may purchase lunch if you require. In the afternoon you will drive onward to “Britain’s Favourite View” at Wastwater, England’s deepest and most dramatic lake.
Your next destination is the splendid 14th Century Muncaster Castle, where you can explore its internationally acclaimed gardens and World Owl Trust. The beautiful scenery of the Coniston Fells and Coniston Water bring an end to this classic tour of the Lake District.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive on time as the tour cannot wait for late passengers or late trains
- Children must be 5 years or older
- Confirmation is received at the time of booking
- There will be a designated lunch stop where you’ll be able to purchase lunch
- There are toilet stops on route
- Minimal walking is involved
- Our vehicles are not currently wheelchair accessible
- Seats cannot be reserved
- Each passenger must have their own seat
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.