- 8 to 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Escape the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and head for the breathtaking Atlas Mountains, visiting the 4 valleys that make the region famous: Ourika, Oukaimeden, Sidi Fares, and Asni valleys, discover more captivating scenery by continuing on to beautiful Takerkoust Lake and the huge Kik Plateau. You'll also experience traditional Berber culture along the way!
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with English speaking guide
- Trekking tour in the mountains
- Typical Lunch in a local Berber family house (salad or soup+berber tagine+couscous+dessert+drinks+menthe tea)
- Professional mountain trekking guide
- Local taxes
- Fuel included
- Drinks (bottled water)
Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech
If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles.
Returns to original departure point
After morning pickup from your Marrakech hotel, travel with your small group in a comfortable and air conditioned vehicle with an experienced english speaking guide through the majestic Atlas Mountains.
Admire towering snow-topped peaks on your 1-hour drive to the first valley Ourika, famous by its waterfalls, this lush valley’s waterfalls are a lovely counterpoint to the surrounding landscape and the guided visit will help you to fully explore this waterfalls with your expert mountain guide, It's about 80 minutes hiking round trip (if you aren’t interested by this hike you can enjoy a drink in one of the riverside cafes), you will enjoy different landscapes and get spectacular views, in this valley you will have the opportunity to visit the Berber women extracting the argan oil (the unique Moroccan oil).
Continue through the second valley which is Oukaimeden valley (Ski resort), and taking a secluded mountain road standing at 1800 meters above sea level to reach the third valley of this tour which is Sidi Fares, you will pass through traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and to discover the authentic life of Berber people and culture we will arrange an included and delicious lunch for you (Moroccan salad or soup, Berber tagine, Moroccan couscous, dessert and drinks) in a typical Berber house. Afterward, head toward the fourth valley that is Asni, famous by its fruit trees (Apples, walnut, almonds, peaches...), have your camera ready to take pictures of highest peak in North Africa, the Toubkal mount with 13 665 feet.
At this point, head back to Marrakech or, if you’ve chosen the extended option, continue your journey into the Moroccan countryside for another hour. Travel to Takerkoust Lake, a serene sapphire-blue artificial lake popular with locals, then, pass wheat fields and villages on your way to the Kik Plateau, a distinctive limestone outcropping in the Atlas Mountains that offers wonderful views of the lush valleys below.
Return to Marrakech and conclude your thrilling tour through the Atlas mountains with drop-off at your hotel at approximately 5pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of two people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended
- Walking shoes or sneakers are recommended for the hike to the waterfalls.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.