- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Receive a Moroccan masterclass on this Marrakech tour that will send you home with supreme, inside knowledge of tajine making and the delicate art of market haggling. Smug home cook alert!
This small-group tour is limited to 12 people for a more intimate experience.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Recipe sheet
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hôtel Restaurant Café de France, jamaa el-fnna، Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Jemaa el-Fna, Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Get ready for the ultimate tajine experience on this one of a kind tour in Marrakech. From market to plate, you’ll learn how to whip up a tajine from scratch, using ingredients from the famous Marrakech souks. The best part of it all? You get to devour your tajine after you’ve made it!
We will start in Djemaa El-Fna, the centre of all the action in Marrakech before heading into the souks. Here your local host will teach you the Arabic words for all the ingredients you’ll need to cook your tasty tajine, giving you insider knowledge for your shopping experience.
The souks are the legendary markets where all the locals shop for food in Marrakech. Meats, vegetables, herbs, spices; the souks have all the freshest produce you’ll need for cooking Moroccan cuisine, and with your new Arabic skills you’ll be able to order exactly what you want from the locals. (And if not, the local vendors will be happy to teach you more food vocabulary!)
Now it’s time to get your cook on! During your hands-on cooking class the chef will be giving you step-by-step instructions about how the locals cook the perfect tajine. You’ll learn all about the key ingredients and spices needed to make it as authentic as possible, the perfect skill to take home from your Marrakech travel experience.
The class takes place in the beautiful setting of a traditional Moroccan riad (house), where you will meet the family and hear about medina life for a Marrakech family. Finally, it’s time to eat. You’ll get to savour the fruits of your labour and the food will taste even better as you’ve made it with your own two hands! Your local guide will then take you back to Djemaa El-Fna Square where the tour will finish. From here your guide can give you directions back to your hotel or you can continue to shop in Marrakech’s beautiful souks.
When you’re trying to decide what to do in Marrakech, make sure you don’t miss out on this epic tajine adventure, a truly authentic experience like no other in the city!
Note: All through Djemaa El-Fna there are fake guides who will try to convince you to do a tour with them. Please make sure you find the official guide, who will be holding an Urban Adventures sign or badge and will be waiting for you in front of the café.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.