- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Step off the beaten track to explore rural Morocco in style on this 2-hour camel ride from Marrakech. Wrap your included protective scarf around your head, climb onto your camel’s back and follow your guide on a journey of discovery. Travel through lush palm groves and over rugged terrain to a traditional Berber house. Meet the locals and enjoy a refreshing snack of Moroccan tea and pancakes — the ideal way to learn about Moroccan culture outside the city. Numbers limited to 16 people to ensure a personalized experience.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Get inside tips from a local
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Multilingual guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Camel ride
- Bottled water
- Use of a cheich (a nomad scarf to protect from the sun)
- Tea and pancakes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your centrally located Marrakech hotel (or nearest point accessible by car if you are staying in the medina)
Please note: Extra fees may apply if your hotel is situated more than 5km out of Marrakech.
Returns to original departure point
Following a pickup from your hotel or riad (a traditional Moroccan house) in Marrakech, transfer by minivan to the camel base and meet your guide. Listen to a quick introduction on how to ride your camel in safety then — with your included cheich (a nomad scarf designed to protect the head from the strong sun) on — climb onto your camel’s back to begin your tour. Follow your camel guide in caravan formation and feel free to let your guide know if you’re not entirely comfortable.
Travel with your guide through lush palm groves and over rocky desert to a traditional Berber village. Meet with the local Moroccan inhabitants and see for yourself how they live today on the outskirts of Marrakech surrounded by a desert environment.
About half way along your journey, enjoy a warm welcome into a local family home for a refreshing snack of Moroccan tea and pancakes. Relax, soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a drink and a chat in the sun. This short stop-off is also the perfect time to taste traditional mint tea, popular throughout Morocco.
When it’s time to go, wave a fond farewell to your newfound friends, climb onto your camel’s back and continue on your route. After exploring the landscape outside Marrakech, head back to your starting point and transfer back to your city hotel where your tour comes to an end.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Children under 12 must be accompanied on the camel by an adult
- Lockers are provided for guests to leave their personal belongings
- Tour will be operated by a multilingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable clothing recommended.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.