- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Indulge in exotic Moroccan foods and feast your senses on the spectacle of Marrakech’s chaotic main square, Djemaa El Fna, during this unforgettable walking tour. With the help of your local guide, learn about Morocco's vibrant spices, witness the art of haggling at a local meat market, and sample local delicacies including cow’s hoof, sheep’s head and ghoulal, a snail soup. Your gastronomic adventure culminates with a traditional Moroccan dinner amid the snake charmers, henna artists and fortune tellers in eye-popping Djemaa El Fna.
This small-group tour is limited to 12 people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide.
- Dinner included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Local guide
- Food tastings in markets and souks
- Authentic local dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Returns to original departure point
Begin your Moroccan food odyssey at Djemaa El Fna at 6pm, as countless food vendors begin to fill this riotous main square of Marrakech. Soak up the heady atmosphere of this UNESCO World Heritage Site before following your guide into the small side streets off the square to discover food shops and stalls most tourists don't know about.
Try several varieties of olives, nuts and other popular Moroccan snacks before heading to a poultry and beef market to watch locals haggle for meat. Bargaining is very much a way of life here and observing this tradition will give you deeper insight into the local culture.
Next, it’s time to visit a spice market and learn how Morocco became a spice trading center. Marvel at the myriad of colors and fragrances of spices such as saffron, cardamon, anise, cumin, paprika and turmeric, and learn how they’re used in Moroccan tagines and other dishes.
Tear yourself away from the marvelous array of spices and head into the souks, or open-air markets, to discover Morocco’s many traditional breads including the pan-fried msemen and crepe-like beghrir. Dare to try Moroccan delicacies such as cow hoof, sheep’s head or ghoulal, a snail soup.
Finally, after exploring the abundance of intriguing foods at Marrakech’s souks and markets, it’s time to eat! Settle down with your small group of fellow foodies to a traditional Moroccan dinner at a restaurant in the heart of Djemma El Fna as it reaches its daily crescendo of activity. Enjoy some of the best people-watching of your life as you delight in the complex flavors of your meal amid peddlers, monkeys and snake charmers.
Your 3.5-hour food tour of Morocco ends here, though the unique sights, smells and tastes of Marrakech are sure to stay with you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended. It can get cool after dark so please dress appropriately for this tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.