- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Dive into the daily life and habits of locals on this unique introductory tour of Casablanca! Experience the hustle and bustle of the medina as you browse everything it has to offer. Enjoy spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and sample some of our favourite pastries from a secret spot in an off-the-beaten track neighbourhood. You’ll be asking your tour guide to “play it again,” Humphrey Bogart-style, by the end of this fun, all-encompassing tour!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Sample of freshly baked bread
- Private transport during the tour
- Mint tea
- Tips / gratuities for your guide,
- Items of a personal nature
- The pastries and any additional food and drinks
248 Boulevard Sour Jdid, Casablanca, Morocco
Your Casablanca walking tour will start with a view of the largest mosque in Morocco (and the third largest mosque in the world!), Hassan the II.
From here, we’ll wander over to the famous Rick’s Café, which you may have heard of from a little movie called Casablanca. We won’t go inside, but you’ll want to note where it is for a return visit later on in your own time, we’re sure! Nearby, you’ll spot the Sqala tower, with canons dating back to the Portuguese era and a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
Walk through alleyways to reach the medina, where you can browse alongside locals going about their day-to-day business, shopping for groceries, clothing and anything and everything else.
From there, we’ll grab a transfer to Mahkama du Pacha, the nearby royal palace, where maybe you’ll meet the king! (Okay, probably not.) Travellers cannot visit the court of Pacha without a guide by their side, so this is your chance to see something very special.
From here, we’ll make our way over to the Habous quarter, also known as the new medina, where you can shop for Moroccan goods such as traditional clothing, leather, jewellery and food. The medina was built in the 1930s by the French, so it is no surprise that it features a wonderful mix of French and Moroccan-inspired architecture, complete with numerous things to see and do and taste… like maybe some freshly baked bread.
We’ll visit a local bakery where locals take their breads and pastries to be baked, and that’s also used by Bennis, one of the most famous pastry houses in town. (#localsknow tip: all the treats at Bennis are delicious, but we recommend the chicken pastilla, which is heavenly good!)
No doubt tempted by all the delicious offerings around us, we’ll make our way to one of the oldest pastry houses in Casablanca, tucked in a laneway of the Souq Habous. Sample some traditional Maghribi pastries such as cornes de gazelle(gazelle horns, which are pastries filled with a paste of almond and orange water) or akda aux amandes (almond macaroons). We’ll then head to a nearby local cafe to order a coffee or tea and scoff your bounty.
We’ll then take a transfer back to the city centre where your tour will end. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your guide for more tips on what else there is to see, do and eat in Casablanca.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Rick’s café will be closed when we pass by because they open at 12 PM, we don’t intend to go inside we just want to go by and talk about it. Travellers can come back later for a drink if they fancy it.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.