- 2 days (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Cross the High Atlas mountains to spend the evening in a bivouac campsite on this 2-day desert tour. With your local guide, you will explore the castle in Ait Benhaddou, climb to altitudes of 3,800 feet to reach Ouarzazate city and take a 1-hour camel ride from Zagora to reach your campsite. Transport by minivan/coach, tent accommodation, traditional dinner at the camp and Berber breakfast are included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Breakfast included
- Dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Overnight accommodation in berber camp (Tizi Camp or Similar)
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Dinner
- Camel ride in the sunset and sunrise in Zagora
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
Marrakech, Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region
Traveler pickup is offered
If your are staying in :
- New Town : Free Hotel Pick-up in Marrakech .
- Medina : Pick-up location will be the nearest accessible place to your riad by
Day 1: Marrakesh - Zagora
After pickup from Marrakech at 7am, you will begin your journey crossing the High Atlas Mountains through the Tizi n'tichka pass toward the beautiful village of Ait Benhaddou. Upon arrival at the site, enjoy the splendour of its historical castle which is built on a hill, overlooking the area.
From there, you will stop in Draa Valley well-known for its amazing Ksour and Kasbah before climbing to an altitude of over 3,800 feet (1160 meters) in the arid land of Ouarzazate city. Within the last portion of the drive connecting Ouarzazate with Zagora, you will admire the most beautiful valleys of Morocco and its beautiful villages filled with local handicraft shops.
In the past, the Oasis of Zagora was a caravan centre, the starting point of the great trans-Saharan convoys. Once there, you will enjoy a 1-hour camel ride from Zagora to reach the bivouac campsite. Along the way, you will be able to view the amazing panoramic sunset. At the camp, you will savour a traditional dinner under the starlit sky and retire to your tent to spend the night near the dunes of Zagora.
Day 2: Zagora - Marrakesh
In the early morning around 5am, you will wake to a beautiful sunrise over the sand dunes and enjoy a typical Berber breakfast offered at the camp. Once again, you will ride camel for 1 hour going to Zagora. If time and weather permits, you will visit Tamegroute. It's only about 13 miles (20 kilometers) from Zagora on the old road to Timbuktu. The town is known for its historical library of the Koranic School of Zaouia Naciria and by the handicrafts cooperative of pottery.
Along the route to Marrakech, you will enjoy lunch in a local restaurant (at own expense) before making the circuit again through the Atlas mountains and through the Tizi n'Tichka pass.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.