- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Discover the true soul of Tangier on this unforgettable 4 hours private tour, perfectly planned for tourists in short-stay in Tangier or visiting the city during a cruise trip. Plunge with our local guide into the charming history and the lively culture of the Medina (the old town) and the Kasbah (the fortress), prepare your senses for an overwhelming experience in the frenetic souks and squares, and explore the city's architectural heritage resulting from a harmonious blending of the Moorish and Western styles.
THIS IS MOSTLY A WALKING TOUR WHERE A MODERATE AMOUNT OF WALKING IS INVOLVED.
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks (We could arrange a genuine Moroccan lunch with an extra cost of 18 € per person.
Traveler pickup is offered
We are really flexible concerning pick-up points, which could be Tanger Ville Port, Tangier Airport, The train station, a Hotel or anywhere within Tangier area. We don't pick up from Tanger MED Port for this tour.
Tanger Ville Port
The ideal for this tour is to start at 9:00 am or 2:00 pm (GMT). Summer time in Morocco is GMT+1, it starts in late March or early April each year and ends in October.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Same as pick-up point, unless specified otherwise.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Latif Tours, Av. Mohamed VI, Tangier 90000 Morocco
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by your tour guide having at your disposal a comfortable, Wi-Fi-fitted, and air-conditioned minivan for a ride that will take you first from Tangier’s bay up to the city center through Avenue Mohamed VI, Boulevard Mohamed V, Avenue Pasteur, Place De France, until you reach the Kasbah.
Bab Bhar terrace will be the first place to visit in the Kasbah, a great opportunity to take in the breathtaking view over the port, the Strait of Gibraltar, and Southern Spain. Few steps through Place du Mechouar will lead you to the former Sultan’s palace (own expense), also called Dar El Mekhzen, nowadays hosting the Museum of Moroccan Art and Antiquities or Kasbah Museum, house of various relics from the Stone Age through the 20th century, displaying the rich history of Tangier.
For the second part of your private tour of Tangier, you will have a direct contact with the friendly locals; and by strolling down the Medina’s labyrinthine alleyways, you will go through the most important landmarks of the city such as the Grand Socco and the Petit Socco, and also places like vegetables market, spice market, fish market, cheese market, and communal ovens.
Furthermore, the walking tour will include the visit of monuments that are considered as architectural masterpieces decorated with mosaics, ornamental stucco, and wood carvings such as the Great Mosque and the American Legation (own expense), which is a structure of architectural, diplomatic and military significance integrally associated with American-Moroccan relations for almost 160 years. The building is the first property ever acquired abroad by the U.S. Government and for 140 years housed the United States Consular offices in Tangier, the longest period any building abroad has ever been occupied as a diplomatic or consular post.
Before drop off, you will be left with some free time to scout for handcrafted souvenirs at bazaars (IF YOU WANT), or simply to sip on a mint tea in a traditional café and learn about Moroccan tea rituals.
Other products by LATIF Tours
• Tangier Private Tour
• Chefchaouen Private Tour Starting From Tangier
• Private Transfer : Tangier - Chefchaouen
• Private Transfer : Tangier Airport (TNG) - Tangier City
• Arabic – French – German – English – Spanish
• Monday through Friday (10:00 - 17:00) and Saturday (10:00 - 15:00)
Dar El Mekhzen
• Every day except Tuesday (9:00 - 16:00)
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.