- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
St Catherine Monastery is Situated in a stunning setting at the foot of Mount Sinai on the reputed site of Moses’ Burning Bush, St Catherine Monastery is one of the oldest and most important Christian monasteries in the world.
- National Park of St Catherine fees
- Local taxes
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
Sharm El Sheikh Hotels and Ports
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
The trip starts at about 5 :40 am where we will collect you from your hotel and drive for 2 ½ to 3 hours. We will make one stop along the way at a beautiful valley with lovely sand dunes. We go directly to Catherine Village, arriving there at about 9:45 and visit the monastery of St. Catherine which lies at the foot of Mount Moses in the heart of South Sinai.
You will get a guided tour to see the most famous monuments of South Sinai with a lot of attractions like the Church of Transfiguration, The Skull House, Moses Well and the Burning Bush with all the historical explanations from our licensed guide. After visiting the monastery you will get free time where you can visit the museum of the monastery which contains the oldest icons and manuscripts of the early stage of Christianity. It is the world’s second largest collection of illuminated manuscripts after the Vatican.The entry of the museum costs 25le (not included). You can take photos during this free time.
We drive back to Dahab City where we get our lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch you will have the chance to go shopping in Dahab or look around this wonderful city.We will arrive back in Sharm El Sheikh at around 17.30-18.00 and you will be taken back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.