- 22 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Save on the cost of flights by taking the bus to Cairo to see one of the true wonders of the world: the Giza Pyramids. Traveling through the night, you'll spend the day exploring the Egyptian Museum and the Pyramids, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, returning to Sharm late in the evening. Tour includes entrance fees, restaurant lunch, and professional Egyptologist guide.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Restaurant lunch
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wi-Fi-enabled, air-conditioned minivan in Cairo
- Entry/Admission - Egyptian Antiquities Museum
- Entry/Admission - Great Sphinx
- Entry/Admission - Great Pyramid of Cheops (Khufu)
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
- Tickets for optional extras
Hotels in Sharm el Sheikh
Returns to original departure point
The journey begins around midnight with an air-conditioned transfer from your hotel to the bus terminal in Sharm, just a few minutes away. Your representative will equip you with tickets and stay with you until the bus leaves for Cairo. Bringing a fleece is recommended as the air-conditioning can be cool.
Your professional Egyptologist guide will be waiting to greet you when you arrive in Cairo, between 6 and 8am. Hop aboard the air-conditioned minivan with included Wi-Fi for the short drive to your first stop, the Egyptian Museum.
This classic museum is home to one of the world's greatest collections of ancient Egyptian art and artifacts. Admire the treasures of King Tutankhamun and his famous golden death mask, and mummies of cats and crocodiles in the animal mummy room: tickets to the Royal Mummy Room, where the mummified corpses of pharaohs are displayed, are available at an extra charge.
It's just half an hour's drive to the UNESCO-listed Giza Pyramids, where you'll enjoy an early lunch overlooking the Sphinx and the pyramids. Choose between grilled chicken kebabs and spicy kofta meatballs.
Refreshed, follow your guide around the site itself. You'll admire the Great Pyramid of Khufu, as well as the pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure, and the much smaller pyramids devoted to their queens: should you wish to climb inside a pyramid, your guide can arrange additional tickets at an extra charge. Finally, you'll witness the Sphinx, the vast half-lion half-human statue that symbolizes Egypt to the world.
Unwind as you drive back to the bus terminal. Your guide will remain with you till you board the bus heading for Sharm, around 4 or 5pm: on arrival, between 10pm and midnight, you'll be met with air-conditioned transport and transferred back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A visa for Egypt can be obtained from Sharm el Sheikh airport: most travelers to Cairo will need to buy this in advance
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.