- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Not so long ago Croatia was a part of Yugoslavia, a federation of states formed on a one-party system in which parliamentary democracy was a forbidden term. Yugoslavia was led by Tito, its president for life, and whose idea of communism was more progressive than in Stalin Russia. Thus, "Titoism" was a synonym for "betrayal of communism" in Soviet Union.
What was it like to live in time of Tito's Yugoslavia will be revealed to you while walking the part of the city where in time of socialism heavy industry was flourishing. We will be able to see some of the important examples of architecture of that time in Dubrovnik. We will talk about the dark side of ex Yugoslavia - its intelligence agencies and punishing of the political opponents, as well as its bright sides - a strong welfare state that provided free education and health care, social support to citizens in need and specific housing policies that secured the working population a place to live.
Tour ends in Red History Museum.
- Ticket to the Museum of Red History
- Entry/Admission - Red History Museum
Ul. Nikole Tesle 2
Gruž, 20000, Dubrovnik, Croatia
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red History Museum, Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Dalmatia
Visit to the Museum
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.