- 4 hours (Approx.)
A unique items made of amber delivered by one of the artist who worked on the creation of the famous Amber room in the Catherines Palace
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Amber Museum of A. Krylov
Traveler pickup is offered
Please wait for your guide after you go through immigrations, Look for the sign with a tour name
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amber Museum of A. Krylov, Nevskiy Ave., 35A Perinnaya Liniya, Gostinny Dvor, 2nd floor, St. Petersburg 191186 Russia
This tour option is ideal for those wishing to visit one of the most recently opened museum as well as shop for souvenirs and other exciting Russian merchandise. You will also experience the daily life of Russians in St. Petersburg along Nevsky Prospect, St. Petersburg's principal street.
You will first transfer to the Gostiny Dvor - one of the oldest shopping centers in St. Petersburg. It was first constructed back in the 18th century. On the second floor of this shopping center one of the few privately owned museums in Russia – Amber museum – was opened in October 2018. Most part of the collection consists of the unique masterpieces of the modern master Alexander Krylov. For 25 years he was part of the team working on the restoration of the Amber room located in Catherine’s Palace in Pushkin. Exact copy of the room, 1/20 of its actual size, is currently on display in the museum. Besides you will see some other unique items – boxes, eggs, jewelry and even icons and violin – all made of amber.
Having admired amber artworks, you may walk around the Gostiny Dvor and see many Russians making purchases in this central department store. You can also find something you like among food and household goods of over 40,000 brands here.
Proceed to a store specializing in quality Russian souvenirs. You can browse for those traditional and specialty items from Russia – Matreshka dolls, colorful shawls, traditional Russian vodka and others. English-speaking staff will be able to assist you. They accept US dollars and major credit cards, so no worries about needing rubles at this location. Restrooms and refreshments are available. Having finished your shopping at the store, board your vehicle that will take you and all your treasures, back to the ship.
Please Note: All of our tours in St. Petersburg are operated by authorized guides, and you therefore do not need to secure an independent visa in order to participate in this tour. However, in order to book this tour, you must provide us with full names, dates of birth, nationality, and passport numbers for each tour participant so that our guides can secure the proper tour visas on your behalf. Note also that, if you wish to explore St. Petersburg on your own while not accompanied by one of our guides, you will need to secure an independent visa.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Printed voucher is strictly required on both days. Passport name, number, date of birth and country is strictly required at time of booking for all participants. Absence of any of passport information is on guests own responsibility and a subject to cancellation as per the Russian Federation legislation. All land passengers need Russian individual visa as a must. Passengers from cruise ships don't need a visa. At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.