- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 2-hours safari style tour to explore the traditional Cork Forests of the Alentejo. Your local guide will give you full explanations during the tour, as you discover the in's out's of the cork world. Join us for this unique experience!
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide
- Optional Cork strippers Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if selected has the cost of 15€ per person and it is available in a range of 40km)
Redondo Wine Museum, Praça da República 5/6, 7170-011 Redondo, Portugal
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corktrekking, Herdade da Maroteira Aldeia da Serra, Redondo 7170-120 Portugal
The farm you will visit is a paradise for walkers, ramblers and wine lovers. Imagine exploring this world of rolling hills, cork forests, olive groves and vineyards in a landscape occasionally broken by a medieval fortress or an abandoned chapel.
For six generations, the family owners have made a living on the 1,400 acre estate in the Alentejo by sustainably managing cork forests, rearing sheep and making fine wines. You're invited you to join to share the joy of their lives and see the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Nature-lovers and birdwatchers will not be disappointed. With luck, you might see or come across an Egyptian mongoose, a bustard, a wild boar, a hoopoe, a bee-eater, a booted eagle or many more species.
On arrival you will be introduced to your guide who is a local archaeologist and conservationist. Start with a nice cup of coffee or cool refreshment. Then your guide will take you on a beautiful 2-hour Jeep tour into the deepest parts of the cork forest. During your tour/safari he will explain to you everything about the cork trees, cork cycle (cork stripping, cork storage, cork manufacturing). You will also learn about local fauna and flora, honey production, vineyards, Iberian pig fattening, olive groves and all the farm activities. When you return to the farmhouse and visit the shop where you can find the finest products it has to offer (cork handicraft, biologic olives and olive oil, honey and of course their wines). Later, have a cork stripper's traditional three-course meal in a quiet family-run restaurant. After this, it will be time to go home, but with the best memories of the Alentejo.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.