- 1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Recently opened to the general public! Come explore an underground tunnel commissioned by Herod the Great, who is widely recognized as the greatest builder of ancient times. Highlights of the 1.5 hour tour include seeing and touching the south-western cornerstone of the Temple Mount, walking along Jerusalem’s main thoroughfare during the Second Temple period, and hearing about the incredible artifacts discovered inside the tunnel, including a bell made of pure gold, a Roman sword, and a Temple seal.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - City of David National Park
- Snacks and drinks can be purchased onsite
- There are lockers onsite that one may use to store small items. Cost: 10 NIS (about $2.50)
City of David, Ma'alot Ir David St, Jerusalem
Dung Gate, Jerusalem
Sunday through Thursday.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City of David National Park, Ma'alot Ir David, Jerusalem 9710600 Israel
Jerusalem Archeological Park
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for individuals with claustrophobia.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- The tour route passes through an underground tunnel and also includes many steps. Therefore, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using wheelchairs.
- The tunnel is dry, and measures approximately 150 meters from the point of entry on this tour route. Visitors can expect a 10 minute walk through the tunnel.
- The highlight of this tour is the Pilgrimage Road and the foundation stones of the Western Wall. Visitors who are interested in walking through Hezekiah's Tunnel are invited to join our tour titled "Guided Tour of Jerusalem: The Biblical City of David".
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour route is not conducive to the use of strollers.
- Souvenirs, unique gifts, and gorgeous jewelry inspired by archaeological finds can be purchased onsite at The City of David Store.
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.