- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Masada and the Dead Sea Tour
Pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan on the descent through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea. Ascend Masada by cable car and see the remains of the Herodian fortress where the Zealots were overcome by the Romans in 73 CE. Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of a mud bath and a swim in the Dead Sea. On the return journey view the oasis of Ein Gedi, the caves at Qumran in which the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
• Full day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea
• Guided tour of the popular sights by local experts
• Float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
• Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
• Hotel pick up and drop-off
• Includes all entrance fees
- Hotel pickup Tel Aviv: 07:15AM and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Cable Car up to Masada
- Includes entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Masada National Park
- Food and drinks.
- Insurance not included
1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Netanya, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
4: Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv hotels: 07:15
• Pickup from Netanya: 06:30
• Pickup from Herzliya: 07:00
• Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Masada National Park, Masada 8698000 Israel
Depart from Tel Aviv via the Judean hills to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth; We begin out journey by taking the route down from Jerusalem descending below sea level through the Biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea. On the way we can see the Inn of the Good Samaritan and stop on route to look out across the desert as we pass the point marking "sea level". The ancient city of Jericho can be seen in the distance where Joshua's troops caused the walls to fall (Joshua 6) and where Jesus healed the blind.
We reach the shores of the Dead Sea encrusted with white salt and follow the shoreline towards Masada. Although it's possible to climb the ancient Snake Path up Masada as the Romans did 2000 years ago, we take the convenient cable car up to the mountain top plateau. It was here that King Herod built a fortified palace complete with every convenience. Herod had built a swimming pool, water cisterns, two palaces, store rooms and even a synagogue.
Heading back to the Dead Sea we pass the desert oasis of Ein Gedi where there is lush foliage and gorgeous waterfalls and where David hid from angry King Saul. We also pass by Qumran were the 2,000 year old Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a number of hillside caves.
To end off a perfect day we stop at the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth and a contender for the title of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. People come from across the globe to enjoy the therapeutic mineral rich waters. And don't worry if you don't know how to swim, the high salt content will keep you afloat.
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit and towel are recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.