- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Holy Bethlehem and Jericho Biblical Tour
Explore the sites of key Old and New Testament stories and the biblical cities, descend through the Judean desert to Jericho, oldest city in the world. Passing the Inn of the Good Samaritan and the "Sea level marker". At Jericho, see the ancient tel, Mt. Temptation and the sycamore Zachaeus climbed. In Bethlehem visit the Church of Nativity, where Jesus was born, the Catholic church of St. Catherine, the Greek church and Shepherd's Fields the who saw the Star of the Nativity.
• Full-day tour of the Biblical sites in Bethlehem and Jericho .
• Guided tour of the popular Holy Land sights by local experts
• See Israel's most important churches.
• Discover the Church of the Nativity
• Explore Bethlehem's Christian landmarks
• Includes all entrance fees
• Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup Jerusalem: 08:30AM and drop-off
- Pickup from Tel Aviv Hotels: 07:15AM and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Includes all entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
1: Jerusalem, Israel
2: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
3: Netanya, Israel
4: Herzliya, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Jerusalem Hotels: 08:30AM
Pickup from Tel Aviv Hotels: 07:15AM
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of the Nativity, Manger Square .15 minutes walking from bus 231, Bethlehem Palestinian Territories
We drive south from Jerusalem in the direction of the Dead Sea on the way we pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan and continue on through the Biblical wilderness of the Judean Desert. We pass WadiKelt and can see the 5th century Monastery of Saint George.
We pause at the mark which indicates that we have reached "sea level" and from there we continue on to Jericho 258 meters below sea level. This ancient city features in both the New and Old Testament. Joshua led his troops around the city walls until they fell and Jesus entered Jericho after his sojourn in the wilderness . When Jesus entered Jericho, The City of Palms, the tax collector Zachaeus climbed a sycamore tree to see him better and we stop to take a look at this ancient tree.
Jesus spent forty days and forty nights on the nearby Mount Temptation, here the devil tried to turn Jesus away from God but Jesus responded "Man shall not live by bread alone..
Our journey takes us back towards Jerusalem and the Judean Mountains where we visit Bethlehem, both the home of Jesse, King David's father and the place where Jesus was born.
From Manger Square we enter through a small door into the Church of the Nativity. The church was built in the 4th century over the grotto where Jesus was born and later in the 6th century the church was reconstructed. In recent times the church has been restored and renovated. Within the church is the Grotto of the Nativity where a star marks the spot where Jesus was born and an altar to the three Wise Men. Next we visit the Crusader Church of Saint Catherine and see the underground grotto where Saint Jerome painstakingly translated the Bible from Hebrew to Latin, creating the Vulgate.We make another stop in Bethlehem at the Shepherds Field where an Angel of the Lord appeared to shepherds on Christmas night to tell them of the imminent birth of the savior.
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
- Passport compulsory.
- Visit to Bethlehem: due to the high number of visitors, entrance to the Nativity Cave may be limited.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This tour is subject to Palestinian authority regulations
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.