- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Holy Jerusalem Tour - Western Wall, Church of Holy Sepulchre
This unforgettable tour takes you from ancient historical sites in Jerusalem. Explore the highlights of the Old City on this day tour of Jerusalem. From the Western Wall (Kotel), we will follow the Via Dolorosa, the Stations of the Cross, ending at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This tour takes you to some of the holiest and most fascinating sites in Israel. For Christians, Jews and Muslims alike, Jerusalem is the spiritual center of the world.
• • Guided tour of the popular Holy sites by local experts.
• Tour the city of Jerusalem Old and New.
• Learn about the city’s 4,000-year-old history
• See some of the world’s holiest sites .
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup Tel Aviv: 07:15 AM and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Any insurance
1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Netanya, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
4: Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv Hotels: 07:15
• Pickup from Netanya Hotels: 06:30
• Pickup from Herzliya Hotels: 07:00
• Pickup from Jerusalem Hotels: 08:30
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Way of the Cross - Via Dolorosa, Via Dolorosa Old Town, Jerusalem Israel
Holy Jerusalem Tour
Our journey begins at the Mount of Olives, as we stand above the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives we see the Old City and the Temple Mount where once stood Solomon’s Temple, destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 BCE, and the Second Temple, destroyed by the Romans in 70 CE.
Below us we see the Garden of Gethsemane; the Church of All Nations and the Kidron Valley with its ancient Jewish burial tombs.
Entering the Old City via the Zion Gate we pass through the Armenian Quarter on route to the Jewish Quarter and the 1500 year old Byzantine Cardo. Partially destroyed and unused during the Moslem conquest it had a brief new lease of life during the Crusader period. The excavated Crusader shops are now modern stores.
We stop at the Kotel; the Western Wall where Jews have prayed since the destruction of the Temple in 70 CE. Built by King Herod it was a supporting wall enclosing the Temple Mount area.
The Via Dolorosa, also known as the Way of the Cross, is the route many pilgrims follow on their way to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the church built on the site of Jesus’ crucifixion and his burial tomb. Although the Byzantine church was partially destroyed during the Persian and Moslem conquests the rebuilt and redesigned Crusader Church preserved much of the earlier church.
We exit the Old City via the market and the Jaffa Gate for a short tour of the new city. A visit to Yad VaShem, the Holocaust Museum, reveals artifacts and photographs documenting the discrimination, persecution and finally the annihilation of Jewish communities across Europe. It also honors those righteous among the nations who risked their lives while trying to save Jews.
**On Fridays, Saturdays & Jewish Holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden Gethsemane, King David's Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion.
*Children under 10 are not allowed inside the Holocaust museum.
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.