- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Holy Jerusalem Tour
Drive to Mount of Olives for a panoramic view of the city. Stop at Mount Zion to visit King David's Tomb, Room of Last Supper and the Dormition Abbey; Enter the Old City and walk through the Armenian and Jewish quarters to the recently excavated and restored Cardo, the Roman road. See the Jewish Wailing Wall, the Kotel, and continue to the Christian quarter. Walk along the Via Dolorosa and visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre. Unforgettable tour experience.
• Get a half-day introduction to the city Holy Jerusalem
• Guided tour of the popular Holy sights by local experts
• Visit the Old City of Jerusalem
• Visit the Via Dolorosa and visit the Church of Holy Sepulchre
• Professional guide
• Hotel pickup included
- Hotel pickup Tel Aviv: 07:15 AM
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Professional guide.
- Entrance fees included
- Food and drinks.
- Hotel drop-off.
- Insurance of any kind.
1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Jerusalem, Israel
3: Netanya, Israel
4: Herzliya, Israel
5: Ramat Gan, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Netanya Hotels - 06:30AM
• Hertzliya Hotels - 07:00 AM
• Tel Aviv Hotels - 07:15 - 07:30 AM
• Jerusalem Hotels - 08:30 AM
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Way of the Cross - Via Dolorosa, Via Dolorosa Old Town, Jerusalem Israel
A combination of new and old Jerusalem on a magical and memorable day.
Our tour begins with Panoramic overview of Mount of Olives where we have a panoramic view across the holy city of Jerusalem. From this elevated point we have the ancient Jewish cemetery beneath us and beyond that the Old City with the shining Dome of the Rock on Temple Mount. As we look down on the Old City it is easy to imagine the Second Temple which once stood on Temple Mount and the bustling ancient city as it would have been almost 2000 years ago.
Then we take the winding road down to the Kidron Valley giving us a view of the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus was arrested the night before his crucifixion and we also see the Church of All Nations or the Basilica of the Agony. In the valley we can see the ancient burial tombs of Absalom and Jehoshapat, BeneiHezir and the tomb of Zechariah. We enter the Old City through the Zion Gate into the Armenian Quarter and continue on to the Byzantine Cardo. This was the main street through Jerusalem 1,500 years ago, later under Moslem rule it was left unused and then during the Crusader period the street was once again a busy thoroughfare. Today after extensive excavations, which are ongoing, specialty stores are open where Crusader stores once stood.
Going through the Jewish Quarter we reach the most holy site in the Jewish faith, the Western Wall. Here Jews from around the world come to pray and put prayer notes between the wall's stones. This 2,000 year old wall was part of the outer supporting walls of the holy Second Temple which was destroyed in AD70.
We continue on to the Via Dolorosa or the Way of Sorrows where Jesus walked towards his crucifixion. Along the way we pause at several Stations of the Cross and finally we reach the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. The basilica is constructed on the site where Jesus is believed to have been crucified and within the church is his burial tomb. The Byzantine church has been renovated, rebuilt and expanded over the years; today it is a vast and ornate place of worship.
To end our tour we take a walk through the busy markets of the Old City where you can buy unique souvenirs from the City of Gold.
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour ends in the Old City of Jerusalem and does not include drop off at your point of departure.
- Dress code: modest dress is required for visits to holy sites ; no shorts or sleeveless shirts
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.