- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Jerusalem Biblical Tour Footsteps of Jesus
Our tour starts on the Mount of Olives were we visit the Church of the Ascension. Retrace the footsteps of Jesus on this full-day guided tour of Jerusalem. After visiting the place of the Ascension and Pater Noster, we do an overview of Jerusalem from the top of Mount Olives and begin our descent, stopping at Dominus Flevit and ending at the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations. Enter the Old City through the Lion’s Gate and see the Pools of Bethesda and the Church of St. Anne. Unforgettable memories will be precious for lifetime.
• Guided tour of the popular Holy Land sights by local experts
• Full-day guided walking tour of Holy Jerusalem
• Hear biblical stories about Jesus and Jerusalem.
• Pickup and drop-off at hotels from Tel Aviv / Herzliya / Netanya / Jerusalem
• Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup Tel Aviv: 07:15 AM and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
- Entrance fees not included.
1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Netanya, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
4: Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv: 07:15
• Pickup from Netanya: 06:30
• Pickup from Herzliya: 07:00
• Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of All Nations (Basilica of the Agony), Garden of Gethsemane Foot of the Mount of Olives, Jerusalem Israel
Our tour starts on the Mount of Olives were we visit the Church of the Ascension. The church marks the spot where Jesus ascended to heaven and there is a rock with an imprinted footprint thought to be where Jesus stood before his ascension. The original church built here was in 390 but most of the chapel building we see today is from the Crusader period.
Nearby is the Church of the Pater Nostre (Sanctuary of the Eleona), on this spot Jesus taught the Lord's Prayer. We see a Crusader cloister and the grotto where Jesus would have taught. This is also where Jesus told his disciples of the eminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming.
From the Mount of Olives we look out over the City of Gold across the ancient Jewish cemetery and to the Old City and Temple Mount beyond. We begin to descend the mount pausing at the Dominus Flevit (the Lord Wept). It was here that Christ cried as he envisioned the destruction of Jerusalem.
A little further along we get to the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. It was here that Jesus prayed before his arrest . The church was funded by a number of nations which each have their coat of arms displayed in decorative glass on the ceiling. The entrance is through tall columns which support a mosaic showing Jesus as the connection between God and man.
We cross the Kidron Valley and arrive at the Lion's Gate of Jerusalem's Old City. We see the pools of Bethesda as mentioned in the Gospel of John. We visit the Crusader Church of Saint Anne constructed above a grotto thought to be where Jesus' mother Mary was born.
In the Convent of the Sisters of Zion we enter the cellars to see the water cistern dating back to the Second Temple era. We see the Lithostratos, engraved Roman flagstones, which are part of extensive archaeological findings beneath the convent. It is believed that here Pontius Pilate stood in judgment of Jesus in the courtyard of Praetorium.From here we set out along the Via Dolorosa retracing the route Jesus took as he carried his cross towards his crucifixion. We see the Stations of the Cross where Jesus stopped along the Way of Sorrows and finally we reach the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre. It was here that Jesus was crucified on Golgotha and Christ's burial tomb is within the church. The vast Byzantine basilica has many alters and five of the Stations of the Cross are within the church.
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Modest dress: Covered shoulders/ No shorts required
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum starting age for the tour is 4 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.