- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Dead Sea Relaxation Time
Full day by the Dead Sea, set in the scenic heart of the Judean Desert. Float in the hyper saline water, cover yourself in nutrient rich mud or simply soak up the sun on the beach. We spend some time relaxing on the Dead Sea beach and floating in the water while surrounded by the most magnificent views of the cobalt blue water and the Moab Mountains in the
• Full-day Dead Sea trip from Jerusalem.
• Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
• Relax on the beach
• Use therapeutic mud
• Informative, friendly and professional guide
• Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Hotel pickup Jerusalem: 08:30 AM and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Old City of Jerusalem
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Jerusalem hotels 08:30
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old City of Jerusalem, Jerusalem Israel
As we descend 1,200 meters from Jerusalem through the wilderness of the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea, we pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan and stop briefly at the “sea level” marker. In the distance we see Jericho, the oldest city in the world, perhaps due to its luxuriant oasis and its proximity to the Dead Sea, an ancient source of salt and we recall the conquest of Jericho by the Israelite tribes, led by Joshua, who had just crossed the Jordan River into the Promised Land. (Josh 6)
Changing into our swimsuits we head for the Dead Sea. At four hundred meters below sea level this is the lowest place on earth, so low that the cancerous sun rays are filtered out enabling sufferers of such skin ailments as psoriasis to expose their bodies to the sun without worry.
We take the opportunity to cover ourselves with black mud, even our faces and bald spots! As long as two thousand years ago, Queen Cleopatra realised that it was the mud which kept her young and alluring for Mark Anthony!
Finally we enjoy a therapeutic swim in the Dead Sea. The water is almost 35% salt and even those who cannot swim can float.
Tired but feeling and looking years younger we admire the reflection of the mountains of Moab in the still waters of the Dead Sea. Who knows if we will be awake to hear our guide as he show us from roadside the caves of Qumran where the two thousand year old Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered!
Duration: 9 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.