- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
City of David and Holy Jerusalem Full Day Tour
Discover the City of David and Explore Jerusalem’s history on this one day tour which includes the iconic City of David and famous underground tunnels which lie underneath the city. led by professional and fully licensed guides, will take you to some of the most iconic and important Jewish sites in Jerusalem, providing a unique and rich insight into the Jewish history of the eternal city, the City of Gold, Jerusalem.You'll get to see some of the archaeological activity firsthand after stops at the top the Mount of Olives, It will certainly be a busy day, but will also certainly be one you will never forget.
• Full-day trip of the City of David, Jerusalem
• Jewish Quarter of the Old City, Western Wall
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup Tel Aviv: 07:15 AM and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - City of David National Park
1: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
2: Netanya, Israel
3: Herzliya, Israel
4: Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Tel Aviv hotels: 07:15
• Pickup from Netanya: 06:30
• Pickup from Herzliya: 07:00
• Pickup from Jerusalem: 08:30
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: City of David National Park, Ma'alot Ir David, Jerusalem 9710600 Israel
From the elevated position on the Mount of Olives we have a panoramic view of the Holy City of Jerusalem. We look out beyond the Jewish cemetery on the mount's slopes towards the Temple Mount where the Second Temple once stood until it's destruction in 70AD.
Our drive along the Kidron Valley takes us past an ancient cemetery and at the foot of the mount we see the burial tombs of Absalom, King David's 3rd son; Zechariah, a First Temple priest and the tomb of the sons of Hezir. We also have a view of the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. We reach Mount Zion where we visit the Tomb of King David. Within the tomb is David's cenotaph covered with a velvet cloth with embroidered symbols of a lyre and crown. We continue our tour into the Old City through the Zion Gate and into the Jewish Quarter where we see a complex of four Sephardic synagogues which date back to the 17th and 18th century. The Yochanan ben Zakai Synagogue, Istanbuli Synagogue, Emtsai Synagogue and the EliahuHa'Navi Synagogue were found desecrates, burnt and in disrepair when the Israelis reclaimed Jerusalem following the Six Day War.
Our next stop is at the Byzantine Cardo, once the main thoroughfare of the city, today we can see the findings of ongoing archaeological excavations and in part of the restored Cardo, ancient Crusader stores are used for modern shops.
Through the Jewish Quarter we pass the excavated foundations of an ancient wall which stood 2,700 years ago during the reign of King Hezekiah (Is 22:10). We go beneath the present day streets to discover the 2000 year old Herodian mansions. The original mosaics and the ritual bath can be seen clearly. The complex of mansions gives great insight into the lifestyle at that time.
We arrive at the Kotel, the 2000 year old Western Wall, once part of the outer walls of the Second Temple which stood on Temple Mount until the Temple's destruction in 70AD. Here you'll have a chance to place a prayer note between the stones of this ancient wall.
We exit the Old City through the Dung Gate where we can explore the excavation site of the City of David which dates back 3000 years. We can marvel at the ingenuity of the Canaanites and Hezekiah who constructed tunnels to bring a water supply to the people within the city walls. These tunnels are described in Chronicles II 32:2-4 and in Kings II 20:20 – "…the acts of Hezekiah and all his might, and how he made the pool and conduit, and brought water into the city…"
Unforgettable memories will be precious for lifetime
Duration: 10 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
- Hotel pick from Tel Aviv, Netanya, Herzliya and Jerusalem
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.