- 6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This tour will give you an insight of the monastic life in the Judean Desert.
During this fascinating day, you will enjoy three the most interesting and the oldest monasteries, all of them still active, like it was thousands years ago.
We shall visit Dir Hajla Monastery, were the sculls of the monks killed during the Persian invasion at 614 are kept.
We enjoy the breathtaking views of the St. George Monastery built on the verticall walls of the deep gorge.
Mar Saba Monastery outside views are absolutely marvelous.Several days a week (excluding Wed and Fri) men can also visit the monastery inside (women are excluded from entering)
- Professional art historian guide
- Tel Aviv or Jerusalem Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our guests at any Jerusalem or Tel Aviv hotel of their choice
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mar Saba Monastery, Juda Desert, Bethlehem Palestinian Territories
Mar Saba Monastery is one of the oldest and the best preserved monasteries in the Judea Desert. This Monastery was built in the V Century and still preserves most of its ancient sever view. Dramatically set deep in the desert, this is one of the most distant but also the most interesting places in Palestine
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ein Prat Nature Reserve (Wadi Qelt), East from Almon (Anatot) Road 437, Israeli Settlement, Kfar Adumim Palestinian Territories
Wadi Qelt is miraculously beautiful. A deep gorge with ever-running water is one of the most mysterious places in the whole Judea Desert. And the view of the St. George Monastery cut deep into the premordial rock is simply fascinating
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Deir Hijleh, Israel
Deir Hajleh or St. Gerasimos Monastery was last time rebuilt at the Crusades times. This quiet place is full of secret beauty and of mystical icons and mosaics, as well as the sculls of the ancient monks...
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.