- 10 to 11 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover this unique and off-the-beaten-path tour that many are still unaware exists. A Private tour or 6 Small Group Avoiding the crowds and being one of the only hikers on the path exploring the beautiful landscape! This is the perfect alternative to the Classic Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca).
Why Visit South America?
-This tour is a private or 6 small group adventure.
-We connect with the communities.
-Enjoy local gastronomy! Peruvian Buffet lunch.
- Breakfast - Buffet breakfast
- Lunch - Buffet Peruvian Lunch
- Private transportation
- Oxygen Tank & First Aid Kit
- Tickets & Entrances to Palccoyo
- Bilingual Guide (English)
- Entry/Admission - Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain
Traveler pickup is offered
From any hotel in Cusco city (additional prices for hotels in Sacred Valley)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain, 14_02'38.6s 71_15'24.2w, Cusco Peru
We begin our day with pick-up from the hotel at 5:00am and begin our drive towards the Rainbow Mountain alternative trail head of Pallcoyo, with an altitude of 4900 m asl (16125 ). Located south of Cusco, we drive for approximantely 4hrs in a private transport. Along the way we see beautiul andes moutains as well as lush green valleys, and hundreds of alpacas and llamas. If we are lucky we will stop for vicuñas and observe them in their natural free state. When we get to Apacheta, we will have a small breakfast with tea and will begin our hike towards to Tres Rainbow Mountain. A er a 30 minute hike, we will reach the overlook and see the beautiful rainbow mountains. Here we will be able to observe the 360 panoramic views as well have opportunity to get closer to the mountains for about an hour making our way back to the transport. We return to Cusco by 3:00pm.
Duration: 12 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Prior acclimatization is required. the maximum altitude 4800m (15.700ft)
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.