- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Join this tour in the splendid scenery of the Orcia Valley, to discover its two main villages of Pienza and Montepulciano, and the local food products.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tastings of pecorino and wine
- Licensed guide
Your Siena accommodation
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to the start point
Rolling hills and green valleys characterize the Orcia Valley, unique scenery of nature and picturesque villages, since 2004 recognized World Heritage Site by UNESCO, for the excellent state of preservation of the landscape.
After an introduction to the village of Buonconvento we meet in Cassia Street on the way to the south, we will visit the Renaissance center of Pienza, defined the 'ideal city' for the harmonious combination of its architectural treasures. Pienza is a real art jewel, where you can walk among artisan laboratories and shops of local food products.
The richness and variety of the landscape, in fact, are not the only elements that characterize this territory; the food and wine production is one of the strengths of this area, known in particular for the Pecorino cheese that you will taste in a typical shop which which still produces following old recipes but using advanced techniques and equipment.
The tour will end in Montepulciano, a beautiful medieval town from which you can admire stunning views over the surrounding countryside: in the histoircal center you will visit a typical winery and you will be guided in the tasting of the famous Nobile di Montepulciano.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of three people per booking is required
- Note that the driver will give historical information as you travel but cannot legally guide a city or monument tour; if you would like a licensed guide, make a note in the 'Special Requirements' box when you book and the local operator will contact you with supplement details
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.