- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Travel along Crete, amongst castles and abbeys immersed in a unique landscape, towards the hills of Brunello vineyards dominated by the village of Montalcino.Your professional chauffeur will transport you the charming areas of Monteoliveto and Crete Senesi. There, you will learn of olive oils and the process of making wine.
- 2 Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- IMPORTANT Our private tours do not include guided tours with licensed guides, which have an extra cost. Our professional drivers give historical information along the way by car, but they can not legally make a guided tour of the city or churches or museums. If you want this extra service we can provide you with a supplement, contact us.
transportation by minivan from and to your accommodation
Day and time of execution: every day, from 9 am to 4 pm (7 hours, approximately)
Once you are picked up from your Siena accommodation, you will embark on the road that leads from Siena to Montalcino. This road crosses the heart of the Crete Senesi, a argillaceous territory made up of rolling hills and winding roads, with badlands and white dune-like hillocks forming a "lunar" landscape.
After a brief stop to admire and take pictures of the suggestive Crete senesi, you will continue the trip towards the Abbey of Monteoliveto Maggiore. It is one of the most important benedictine monasteries in Tuscany, surrounded by a thick wood and situated on a hill overlooking the landscape of the Crete. Here, you can admire important frescoes, dating back to the XV century. Visit the Herbalist's shop where you can buy the monks' products and the historic cellar of the abbey to taste the wine and olive oil produced at the farm of Monteoliveto.
In Montalcino, walk past various artisan shops and small cafes where you can admire the monumental buildings up to the 14th-century fortress through a scenic tour of the walls. There, you can enjoy lunch with a wonderful view of the hills designed by vineyards and cultivated fields.
On the way back, you will stop at an organic winery in the countryside of Brunello. Visit the cellar to discover the steps and techniques of processing grapes and taste a selection of Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino wines among the most famous and appreciated worldwide.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.