- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Paestum is famous for two things, its ancient Greek Temples and its Mozzarella.
The temples considered some of the best-preserved temples in the world and the Mozzarella is unparalleled.
Pick-up from your hotel or meeting point and depart by bus, drive southwards to the archeological site of Paestum where you will visit the ancient Greek colony founded in the 7th century BC.
You will admire in the archeological area the three Doric temples – they are said to be the best-preserved Greek temples in the world.
You will also visit Paestum’s museum which displays many fascinating artifacts, such as sculptures and tomb paintings discovered during excavations.
After visiting the temples, you will visit a local farm, where the famous buffalo mozzarella cheese is produced, entirely made by hand and exclusively with buffalo milk.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Professional authorized guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Mozzarella Tour and taste of 1 Bocconcino” – a buffalo mozzarella bit
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Paestum
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Park of Paestum
Parcheggio Communale Achille Lauro, 80067 Sorrento, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Travel Etc., Corso Italia 1, 80067, Sorrento Italy
Departure from Sorrento
Stop At: Museo Archeologico Nazionale di Paestum, Via Magna Grecia 919, 84047 Paestum, Capaccio-Paestum Italy
The national museum contains important objects and materials (funerary items, pots, etc.) found in the town, in the near necropolises and at the sanctuary dedicated to Hera Argiva at the mouth of Sele River.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Park of Paestum, 84047 Paestum, Capaccio-Paestum Italy
Paestum was a major ancient Greek city on the coast of the Tyrrhenian Sea in Magna Graecia (southern Italy). The ruins of Paestum are famous for their three ancient Greek temples in the Doric order, dating from about 600 to 450 BC, which are in a very good state of preservation.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate; the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not recommended for participants with back problems or difficulties in walking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.