- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a full day private tour discovering the ancient ruins of Pompeii and climb the Mount Vesuvius till the crater’s edge to admire one of the most beautiful landscapes of Italy. Your guide for Pompeii will meet you there but you are free to explore Mt Vesuvius at your own leisure. This tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels in Positano or Amalfi.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (with Positano beach hotels, meeting point is the closest parking spot)
- Transport by private, comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal driver
- Local guide at Pompeii (meet guide at the site)
- Parking Fees
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees: Pompeii approx. € 15 per person / Mt. Vesuvius approx. €10 per person
- Food and drinks
- Private guide on Mt. Vesuvius
Positano or Amalfi hotels
Tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel
Departure from Sorrento in the morning to reach the fascinating Pompeii. The city rises on a plateau of Vesuvian lava, overlooking the Sarno river valley.
The rests of the Roman civilization was rediscovered in the 16th century and the exploration begun in 1748 under the kingdom of Charles III of Burbon. Nowadays, thanks to the ash and lava that petrified the city in 79 AD preserving all the rest, it’s still possible to admire the buildings that founded the city.
You can walk with your guide through the maze of ancient Cardini and Decumani that link the most significant edifices of the city; the Forum that was the city’s main square, the Basilica dedicated to administering justice and for business negotiations, the Roman’s Villas, the Baths and much more…
After a break for the lunch, the driver will lead you to 1.000 mt peak of the imposing Volcano Vesuvius.
The climb until the crater’s edge is very pleasant and the view from there is breathtaking; Thanks to its variegated vegetation of pine woods, holm-oaks, birches, and many orchids, in 1991 the Vesuvius National Park was declared “World Biosphere reserve” by the Unesco.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is comfortable - trekking or comfortable shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.