- 2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this late evening walking tour explore the old part of Kochi - the multi-ethnic Mattancherry and the colonial facades of Fort Kochi. Numerous ethnic communities like Jews, Konkani, Gujarati, Jains and Marathi have been living in Mattancherry for centuries and their synagogues, churches, temples and mosques can be seen all around. Fort Kochi is steeped in the history and culture of the Portuguese, Dutch and British who occupied it through the ages.
• Multi-cultural ambience of Mattancherry
• Colonial facades of Fort Kochi
• Kolam (floor design) making with a local family
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Cochin.
Same as departure location.
You will be picked up from your hotel in the evening and driven to Mattancherry where you will be met by your guide.
Start your walk at the Dutch Palace and continue to Gujarati Street where more than 700 Gujarati families live. Walk through Kongini Street, the Jew Town with its antique shops and the local markets selling fruits, vegetables, flowers, groceries and other items. During the walk you will also visit a local family and learn how to draw the traditional 'kolam' floor design.
Next walk into the adjacent neighbourhood of Fort Kochi and go past colonial style mansions, St. Francis Church - the oldest European church in India and old Portuguese buildings like Vasco House.
After the walk, enjoy dinner (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After dinner you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.