- 4 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Hello ! Cruise Passengers !.
Skip the Expensive Shore Excursions ! Book a Group Tour!
You are met at the ship with pager board of Your Name.
The tours are customized to suit the arrival and departure schedule of your ship to ensure you have a worry free Shore Excursion.
Or at the lobby of your hotel
Comfortable transportation, entertaining and enriching travel experience, and travelling sustainably.
We suggest the following tours
Tour #1. Sea Food and Tour of Kochi
# 2 Kathakali and Tour of Kochi
# 3. Cochin City Like a Native.
# 4. Jewish Heritage of Cochin
# 5. Backwater Cruise in a Houseboat
The tour will visit all popular tourist attractions in Kochi, Fort Kochi and Jew Town.and Alleppey / Kumarakom backwaters,
Chinese fishing Nets. St. Francis Church (Vasco da Gama fame), Dutch Palace, Jewish Town and ancient synagogues at Paravoor, Chendamangalam,
Much relaxed tours includes time for Fresh Sea Food in a boutique hotel Kathakali Dance in an A/C. theater.
- Local Guide
- Port and hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by A/C car or mini van
- A standard house boat
- Lunch - A buffet traditional lunch in houseboat while on cruise.
- Entrance Fees at Kathakali theater
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities ( Optional )
Traveler pickup is offered
1. When your ship docks at Kochi Port you will be met by our staff by the side of the ship and different tours will commence from there.
Our staff will be holding the pager board with lead travelers name.
Cruise Terminal of Kochi Port
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Excel India Tours, No.30/354,Near Immaculate Heart of Holy Mary's Church, Nettoor, Kochi, Kerala 682040, India
Tour #1. Sea Food and Tour of Kochi.
Tour Duration 5 hours.
The tour proceeds from the harbor to Fort Kochi. (Drive 30 minutes ).
1. Stop at the beach where the Chinese Fishing nets are operated. Interact with the fisher men. They invite you to operate the net yourself. Take photographs.
2. Church of St. Francis. ( Walk 5 minutes)
3. This is the first European church in India and it is in this church that Vasco da Gama was first buried before taking him to Portugal. ( 15 minutes )
4. Santa Cruz Basilica
One of the heritages edifices of Kochi. ( 15 minutes)
5. Jewish Town. ( Drive 20 minutes )
Walk down the streets of Jewish town. ( 20 minutes.)
6. Jewish Synagogue. ( 15 minutes )
Jews here which held as the only 4 orthodox synagogues in the world, and is considered as the oldest in the British Common Wealth
7. Dutch Palace. (Walk 10 minutes )
This is the preserved royal residence of Kochi royalty. Inside we can find the most beautiful murals in India elegant than the murals in Ajantha and Ellora. (30 minutes)
After this visit of Kochi attractions the tour will go to a boutique restaurant to enjoy a sea food lunch.
Tour # 2 Kathakali and Tour of Kochi
Tour duration 6 hours.
The tour proceeds from the harbor to Fort Kochi. (Drive 30 minutes)
1. Stop at the beach to watch the Chinese Fishing Nets Interact with the fisher men and operate the net yourself. Take photographs.
2. Church of St. Francis.( Walk 5 minutes )
First European church in India and also in this church that Vasco da Gama was first buried before taking him to Portugal.9 15 ninutes)
3. Santa Cruz ( Walk 5 minutes )
One of the heritages edifices of Kochi. Get wonderful photos of the church both inside and outside of the marvelous building. (15 minutes.)
4. ,Jewish Town. (Drive 15 minutes)
Walk down the streets of Jewish town fascinated at the ancient Jewish settlement of Jewish community there. The town is preserved and buildings are shops which sell spices, antiques and artifacts to tourists.
( 20 minutes)
5. Paradeshi Synagogue. ( 15 minutes )
Synagogue of the Jews here which held as the only 4 orthodox synagogues in the world and is considered as the oldest in the British in the Common Wealth.( 15 minutes )
6. Dutch Palace (Walk 5 minutes)
This is the preserved royal residence of Kochi royalty. Inside we can find the most beautiful murals in India. (30 minutes)
Now after this visits of attractions the tour proceed to a theater for watching the classical dance of Kerala, known as Kathakali.This is a pantomime dance with elaborate make up and vigorous movements. ( 1 hour 30 minutes.)
.Tour # 3.Cochin City Like a Native.
Tour Duration 5 hours.
1. The group travels to Fort Kochi (30 minutes)
2. At Fort Kochi, the group will be transferred to the waiting Tuk Tuks (two people in one)
Ride in Tuk Tuk to Church of St.Francis. ( 20 minutes )
3. Visit the church and pay homage to Vasco de Gama who had his first burial in this church before taking him to Portugal. ( 15 minutes.)
4. Then soft walk (5 minutes ) to Chinese Fishing nets. Watch the operation of these. Interact with the fisher men and try your hand in operating the nets.( 20 minutes )
Return to waiting Tuk Tuks and ride in it to Jewish Town.30 minutes)
5. Visit the Dutch Palace, (30 minutes)
6. Walk to Jewish town along the ancient streets of the Jewish community studded with the fascinating Jewish houses occupied by them before leaving for Israel.( 20 minutes)
7. At the end of the Jewish town visit the Paradeshi Synagogue belonged to the European Jews who are still using this synagogue on Sabbath.( 15 minutes)
8. Later wander around the Jewish town looking at the buildings of the Jewish settlement or go for shopping or sit on the balcony of a restaurant or inside the court yard of a Jewish house to enjoy a tea or coffee and Indian snacks.( 30 minutes.)
Tour # 4 Jewish Heritage Tour.
Touration 7 hours
A suggested itinerary is below. Our day and time is flexible to suit the convenience and preferences of the Guests.
Receive guests at Cochin harbor by the side of the ship/lobby of the hotel where guests stay.
1. Drive to Jewish Town (30 minutes.)
2. Visit Synagogue (15 minutes). Walk around Jews Street (30 minutes)
3. Visit Dutch Palace (30 minutes).
4. Drive to Fort Kochi (15 minutes).
5. Visit Chinese Fishing Nets ( 15 minutes).
6. Visit St. Francis Church where in the first tomb of Vasco de Gama. (15 minutes).
7. Drive to Paravoor. (1 hour)
8. Visit Paravoor Synagogue ( 30 minutes)
9. Drive to Chennamangalam aka (Muziris) 30 minutes.
10. Visit Synagogue (30 minutes).
11. Lunch break at a beach restaurant ( 1 hour.)
Return journey 1 hour 30 minutes )
Tour # 5. Backwater Cruise in a Houseboat
Tour duration 8 hours.
This tour is designed to introduce Kerala and its attractive backwaters to travelers.
1. An overland drive from the Kochi harbor to Alleppey / Kumarakom Backwaters. (1 hour 45 minutes)
2. Board a pre arranged houseboat and start the backwater cruise for 3 hours.
The houseboats are previous spices boats of Kerala innovated into houseboats for tourists with bedrooms kitchen and a spacious lobby. The kitchen of the houseboat under an enthusiastic Chef will cook for you our traditional food to your taste.
3. The cruising along the backwaters and palm fringed rice paddies and tiny villages will be an experience you never have anywhere except here.
4. After the cruise the tour will return to Kochi (drive is 1 hour 45 minutes.)
5. Orientation drive in Fort Kochi for photo stops at Chinese Fishing Nets.( 14 minutes)
Returned to the pier.( 30 minutes)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking,:1. Docking time, 2.Disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.