- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Goa is known to be one of the most visited tourist spots in the India and it is mainly known for its churches, beaches and amazing food. While there might be many options to eat in the form of restaurants and cafes, the best way to taste an authentic meal will be to sit with a Goan and have a lovely meal prepared by them.
Your host Ajanta is a trained Kathak Dancer who also does some painting in her free time. Her passion for Indian cooking has motivated her to take part in different events around India. She has conducted food pop ups at her home in Goa, been a judge on a local cookery show and has also been a contestant on Masterchef India. Experience the Goan way life while assisting her in the kitchen and learning the tips and tricks of Indian cooking followed by a delicious homemade meal.
This experience will last for 2-4 hours.
- 4-course lunch/dinner
- Cooking demonstration
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Meet at the host's home in Panjim, Goa. The exact address along with Google maps link will be shared upon confirmation.
Meet Ajanta in her home in Panjim as she greets you with a warm smile. You will have to climb two floors to get to her apartment but this will only help you build your appetite for the delicious meal ahead. She will also help you learn a few kathak dance moves (don't worry they won't be too hard, or tire you too much!) after which you can join her in the kitchen to help her cook up some tasty dishes.
The menu may include dishes like Begun Bhaja (Egg-plant fritters), Dak Bunglow Chicken (Chicken curry with egg and potatoes), Bhapa Chingri (Steamed Prawns in Mustard paste) and also Steamed rice and Luchi (Bengali Flatbread). This meal will be followed by dessert in the form of Payesh which is a sweetened rice pudding. Ajanta will also be glad to share some of her recipes and tips on cooking Bengali meals.
Please Note -
1) The menu may change subject to the availability of fish in the region.
2) This is not a professional cooking class but rather an opportunity to cook and dine with a local home-chef. The experience will be as much about the stories around the food and local culture, as it would be about the meal itself.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The menu may change subject to the availability of fish in the region.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.