- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated as the birth anniversary of the Hindu elephant-head God Ganesha. On Ganesh Chaturthi, Ganesha is worshipped as the God of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune. The festivities last for 10 days, with each neighbourhood preparing giant statues of the God and worshipping it. Visit these neighbourhoods and see the beautiful Ganeshas of Mumbai on this full-day tour.
• Private full-day tour of the Ganesh Chaturthi festival in Mumbai
• Visit neighbourhoods with elaborate Ganesha displays
• Take part in the community prayers
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Mumbai
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Same as departure location
You will be picked up from your hotel for a tour of the city where you will visit the various neighbourhoods that have installed Ganesha statues.
These statues are kept under large canopies where the people of the neighbourhood and visitors gather and offer their prayers to Ganesha. There is a daily aarti (prayer ceremony) when hymns are sung to the accompaniment of bells and rhythmic clapping. The modak, a sweetmeat of rice-flour and sweetened coconut, is offered to the deity along with flowers. The prayer ceremonies are held every morning and evening for 10 days.
On the 10th day, the giant statues are finally taken to the sea-shore and immersed in water. This marks the end of the 10 day festival. In 2019 Ganesh Chaturthi falls on 2nd September, which will be the last day of the 10 day celebrations.
Be a part of these festivities as you go from one neighbourhood to another with your local guide, who will also share some fascinating stories about this beloved God, a favorite of the people of Mumbai.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums.No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Suggested clothing is traditional dress like kurtas and pajama for men and kurti and pajamas or sarees for women. If you are dressing in western clothes, a scarf must cover your head.
- Only vegetarian meal options (own expense) are available. Alcoholic drinks are not available during this period.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.