- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this food tour discover Parsi cuisine in Mumbai. Accompanied by a guide sample famous Parsi dishes at family-run Iranian cafes that are the oldest and most sought-after eateries in Mumbai. Also get an insight into the culture of this prominent community, an important part of Mumbai’s legacy.
• Walk past the Parsi buildings of Mumbai
• Learn about the history and culture of the Parsi community
• Lunch at Britannia Restaurant
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Mumbai.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Same as departure locations.
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Metro cinema, the starting point of your culinary tour.
During the tour we will be decoding the Parsi legacy and getting to know more about their eternal love story with Mumbai. Parsis are members of the Zoroastrian community who fled to India between the 8th and 10th century A.D. to escape persecution following the Muslim conquest of their homeland in Persia. Today they are an integral part of the society in Mumbai, who have preserved their cultural identity over the centuries.
From Metro Cinema walk to a hundred-year old bakery and sample some of their famous puff pastries, watermelon juice and bun maska.
Stop for a while for a quick special kulfi, a popular frozen dairy dessert at the Parsi Dairy Farm.
After that continue walking to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, formerly known as Victoria Terminus, one of the most majestic Victorian-Gothic buildings in India. Continue along the Old Fort road and observe the old Parsi buildings, including the Parsi Panchayat, the headquarters of the Parsi community in Mumbai.
Next visit the legendary Britannia & Company restaurant, serving food influenced by Iranian and Parsi cuisine. Enjoy a lunch choosing from the famous dishes on the menu.
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Minimum permissible age is 15 years.
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.