- 10 to 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Matheran is the smallest hill station in India. It is situated in the state of Maharashtra and is at a distance of 55 miles from Mumbai. One unique aspect of Matheran is that it is the only town in India that has put a restriction on the entry of vehicles past a point - Dasturi Park. On this day trip explore this popular weekend destination. Relax in the beauty of gentle slopes and green woods and enjoy trekking to some picturesque spots that offer breathtaking views of the area. Beautifully preserved colonial style mansions can also be seen here.
• Alexander Point
• Louisa Point
• One Tree Hill
• Echo point
• Charlotte Lake
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Horse or Rickshaw ride from car parking to Matheran and back
- Local English speaking guide
- Light refreshment
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Mumbai
Same as departure location
You will be picked up from your hotel in Mumbai early in the morning for the 3-hour drive to Matheran. Your guide for the day will accompany you. As you approach Matheran, you will continue your drive to Dasturi Park, the point beyond which vehicles are not permitted. Matheran is a 20 minutes walk from Dasturi Park. You can also take a horse ride or hire a hand-pulled rickshaw.
Upon arrival in Matheran, visit Alexander Point that offers some great views of Palasdari Lake, Rambaug Point, Garbut Point, Chowk Point and the valley town of Borgaon.
Continue your trek to Louisa Point, from where you can get some spectacular views of the historical Vishalgad and Prabhal Forts.
Then climb over to One Tree Hill that gets its name from the fact that there is only 1 tree growing on the hill. One Tree Hill is a nature lover's delight for the breathtaking views it offers. Standing at the top of the hill, one can see the entire valley of Matheran lying right below. Deep gorges and crests of mountains surrounded by wispy clouds make this spot a delightfully picturesque destination.
Next visit Echo Point and experience the superb echo effect that this point offers. The point is at a considerable height and appears to be suspended in the midst of clouds. Enjoy a light refreshment at Echo Point (beverage excluded).
At the end of the tour visit Charlotte Lake, a freshwater lake that is frequented by nature enthusiasts and people seeking solitude. An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Pisaarnath and rare varieties of migratory birds can be viewed near the lake.
At around 5:00 p.m. in the evening you will start your drive back to Mumbai. Upon reaching Mumbai you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking. disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- The duration of transfers are approximate. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- This package is not available during the monsoon season from 01 Jun to 30 Sep.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.