- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get off the beaten track and escape the hustle and bustle of Mumbai on a full-day trek in the green grassy hills of the Alibaug Region. Hike to the historic hill fort of Sagargad, pass waterfalls en route, and jump in the water for refreshing dips.
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
From the door step of your Hotel / Location in Mumbai.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Back to your Hotel.
1.Its a good trek for hikers with moderate difficulty,your escort along with local guide will also carry water bottles and snaks for you.
2.You see ruins of old fort as the name goes, Sagar – Sea and Gad – Fort, this place is a perfect trekking destination for both mountain and sea lovers,It is a blissful trekking destination that offers a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from top.
3.During monsoon various waterfalls will take you to the summit. As, you reach this gigantic plateau and spend awesome time up there, you’ll enjoy the moment as it’s quite breezy during monsoons.
4.Perfect for both Beginners and avid trekkers would love the hike, as it’s picturesque and mesmerising.
Shivaji Maharaj won this fort from Adilshah in 1660. Sagargad was one of the forts that were handed over to the Mughals in the Treaty of Purandar. But Shivaji won it back when he escaped from Agra in 1665. Eventually, the possession of this fort was with the British who during 1880s, built retreat homes for their officers at this scenic spot.
• Sagargad Fort, Bamangaon, Maharashtra 402108, India
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.