- 5 to 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Elephanta Island was a powerful capital of coastal kingdom and today stands as magnificent relic rich in sculptural delights.This day-tour led by an expert guide is not to missed when visiting Mumbai.
- Bottle of water
- Guide fees
- Entry/Admission - Elephanta Caves
Taj Mahal Tower Mumbai, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Check someone holding you name Pla card at starting point for Non Private tour and we will report at your hotel reception for Private tour.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400099, India
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elephanta Caves, Mumbai India
The intricate rock carved temples of Elephanta Island are rich sculptural masterpieces much cherished by residents and tourists alike.
Discover their wonders on a half-day tour from Mumbai led by an expert guide! First, board a ferry for a 1-hour ride to Elephanta Island. Upon arrival we will switch to a toy train for 2 minutes. This is a fun and quirky way to travel and takes us right up to the climbing point leading to the entrance of the caves. The Temple can be reached by 693 steps. If you are feeling indulgent, you can be carried up the stairs on a wooden chair. This option costs an additional US$ 15. The enigmatic image of Trimurthu Sadadiva cannot fail to impress as you pass through the cave entrance. Considered to be a masterpiece of Indian art, this colossal 20-foot image is simply awe-inspiring. You'll have 1 hour to explore the caves, also seeing the sculpted images of Kalyansundara, Gangadhara and Ardhanriswara, so remember to bring a camera!
Afterwards you will board the ferry again heading back to Mumbai where the tour will end.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For the Group tour, your guide will pick you up from outside the main gate of the "Taj Mahal Tower Hotel" in Mumbai. Look for someone holding a sign with your name on it.
- For private tour pick-up & Drop would be provided for any location with in Mumbai including Hotels / Airports / Port etc.Please provide location details during or after booking.
- Pick-up & Drop at Mumbai cruise terminal out gate, which is also known as green gate.
- For Non private tours ,Pickup facility at additional cost of US$ 5 Per person can be provided from any location of Mumbai.
- The Elephanta Caves are closed on Mondays and during the monsoon season.(July to August)
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.