- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Dharavi is one of the largest slums in Asia. It is known as Mumbai’s beating heart. On this guided two and half hour walking tour, you will see the residential areas of Dharavi and see how this diverse group of people co-exist in tight spaces. Also, explore the narrow lanes, shops and industries in this unique part of Mumbai. You’ll visit a local community center that is funded by the proceeds of your tour.
• 2.5-hour walking tour of the famous Dharavi .
• Visit a local community center, funded by proceeds from your tour
• Tour the residential areas
• Explore the narrow lanes, shops, and industries
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Dharavi Slum factories visit
- English Speaking Local Guide
- Hotel Pick up / drop off from a city hotel in Mumbai
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Mumbai
09:00 AM - till 1300 PM Or 13:00 PM till 17:00 PM
Same as departure location
The tour starts with a pick up from your hotel in Mumbai in a private air-conditioned vehicle. You will be driven to Dharavi, one of the largest slums in Asia. We prefer to think of this area as Mumbai’s beating heart. It houses about one million of Mumbai’s inhabitants and its industries have an annual turnover of approximately US $665 million.
On this two and half hour guided walking tour, you will visit the residential areas of Dharavi. People from all over India have come to live in Dharavi, making it a microcosm of the country. This diversity is apparent in the temples, mosques, churches and pagodas that stand side by side. You’ll also visit a community center for the residents. While touring, see a wide range of business activities: recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, baking, leather tanning, poppadom-making and more done by locals. Upon conclusion of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in Mumbai.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Pickup reconfirmation is required upon booking.
- Your tour guide is sensitive to the issues and concerns surrounding slums and understands that this tour may not be suitable for everyone. Guides strongly believe that the purpose of this tour is for educational reasons alone and allows for a better understanding of Indian life inside Dharavi.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.