- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
On this 7-hour private tour, you visit Includes Gate way of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus. The idea behind the tour is for you to experience the city the way locals do and feel the real spirit of Mumbai.
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All Transfers/Sightseeing’s by air conditioned private Vehicle
- Hotel/Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional private tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Dhobi Ghat
- Gratuities (recommended)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from Hotel / Airport in Mumbai
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dhobi Ghat, Dr. E. Moses Rd. near Mahalakshmi Station, Mumbai India
9am - Pickup from Hotel or Airport in Mumbai and reach The Gateway of India from where you board an hour-long ferry offering panoramic views brings you to the Elephanta Island famous for The Elephanta Caves, UNESCO World Heritage site. The outer caves were used as a place of Hindu worship until Portuguese rule was established. The caves further in are smaller and are Buddhist caves. The main cave, otherwise known as the Shiva Cave, contains numerous carvings throughout depicting various aspects of Lord Shiva including his wedding, his slaying of Andhaka and more. There is also a sculpture of the Trimurti in the main cave that is approximately 20 feet tall.
Next we visit Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) formerly Victoria Terminus Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an historic railway station in Mumbai, which serves as the headquarters of the Central Railways.
Enjoy a lunch break at the best, local restaurant (at your own expense).
After Lunch we start Dharavi slum tour begins at the Mahim Railway Station. From here head straight to the Plastic and Metal Recycling yard of 13th Compound. Get abreast with the amazing small sized industry melting and moulding plastic toys and manufacturing buttons for popular brand Barbie Dolls of India.
Dime sized cyber cafes, locals brushing past, mass-producing tailor shops all make up for an exciting trip. Walk through narrow lanes and by-lanes taking in the wafting aromas from local bakeries and sweet shops. Exotic smells from soap and cosmetic making units are bound to make some heads turn. Energy, noise, color and sound prove a feast for all of the senses, with local homes, innovative shops and NGO-sponsored community centers full of people learning new skills and partaking in activities.
After the walking tour, you will stop to enjoy some refreshments at a local coffee shop before your guide and driver drops you off at your hotel at 4pm.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.