- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The tour (Group or private) through the slum's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, and you will undoubtedly feel the strong sense of community and the unique spirit that exists here. Dharavi became famous through the worldwide hit movie “slumdog millionaire“ in 2008. You will find a wide range of activities in this mini-city such as plastic recycling, leatherwork, pottery, papadam baking, soap production, such as schools and churches.
Don't expect to find extreme poverty by walking through Dharavi. The tour breaks stereotypical beliefs and will inspire you for your daily life. and Tour Guides are College students live in Dharavi Slum
- Get inside tips from a local
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Local guide and professional Guide
- Lunch - If Tour option is selected
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if you want we can arrange for you)
Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from your accommodation in Mumbai
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Alexander Dock(Green Gate)
Kumbhar Wada, Dharavi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dharavi, Mumbai India
Dharavi slum tour begins at the Mahim Railway Station. From here head straight to the Plastic and Metal Recycling yard of 13th Compound. Get abreast with the amazing small sized industry melting and moulding plastic toys and manufacturing buttons for popular brand Barbie Dolls of India.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour Guides are college student live in Dharavi Slum which help them with their studied.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.