- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Even everyday experiences like laundry and lunch are extraordinary in India. This 5-hour private tour takes you to Mumbai's Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat, sometimes called the largest outdoor laundry in the world, and introduces you to the city's dabbawallas who deliver thousands of home cooked lunches to workers in Mumbai every day. Hotel pickup and drop-off, guide, and private transportation included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- Food and drinks
Your hotel in Mumbai
Returns to original departure point
After pickup at your hotel in Delhi at 10am, join your guide for the short drive to the Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat. Every day, thousands of pounds of laundry are washed here. For more than 120 years, washers, known as dhobis, have worked in rows of open-air concrete wash pens, each with its own flogging stone. You'll see why it's sometimes called the world's largest outdoor laundry.
Next, your guide takes you to Churchgate to watch dabbawallas at work collecting hot, home cooked lunches and delivering them to hungry office workers around the city before collecting the empty lunch boxes and returning them to their owners. Dabbawallas work using bicycles and trains. Peek inside a railway car to observe the many types of lunches being organized for delivery before returning to your hotel in Delhi around 3pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Minimum of two people per booking
- The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- A valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A word of caution: dabbawallas don't have time for interviews and photographs
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.