- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit Santorini's Nea Kameni volcano on a day trip and marvel at the views as you gaze from summit to sea! With an expert local guide at your side, travel by boat to the foothills of the active volcano, and then walk to the top at a leisurely pace. After admiring the volcanic vistas, go for a soak in the naturally formed hot springs; all that’s required is your bathing suit!
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off with private vehicle
- Round-trip boat ride (non-private/shared itinerary with other passengers)
- private Professional guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to hot springs (approximately 2 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Nea Kameni
- Entry/Admission - Hot Springs
Traveler pickup is offered
Flexible; contact the local service provider to confirm your preferred pickup time.
Contact details will be provided on your voucher
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nea Kameni, 84700 Greece
Nea Kameni is a small uninhabited Greek island of volcanic origin located in the Aegean Sea within the flooded Santorini caldera. Nea Kameni and the neighbouring small island Palea Kameni (the new and old burnt islands) have formed over the past two millennia by repeated eruptions of dacite lava and ash. The Roman historian Cassius Dio records in the year 47 AD "This year a small islet, hitherto unknown, made an appearance close to the island of Thera. Major eruptions over the past 300 years took place in 1707–1712, 1866–1870, 1925–1928, and 1939-1941. The last small eruption happened in 1950 and involved lava dome extrusion.Cassius's report may refer to Palaia Kameni. Pliny the Elder reports a new island emerging during on July 8 in the year of the consulship of M. Junius Silanus and L. Balbus, thus 19 CE.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hot Springs, Greece
Nea Kameni is surrounded by warm dark waters which are known for their therapeutic benefits. Visitors can reach the islet with the traditional caiques that deoart from the old port of Fira and enjoy a bath in the hot springs. The healing waters of Nea Kameni consist of iron and manganese which act against many diseases that older people usually suffer from.
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- If you wish to bathe in the hot springs, please bring a swimsuit and towel
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.