- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Unveil Santorini’s traditions one by one, with this fascinating tour, led by a local, that will take you back in time. Visit the Folklore museum that showcases exactly how life on the island used to be in the 50s, the times when literally everything was made by hand, sans electricity! Follow the narrow streets of Emborio village, where locals built their houses extremely close to each other to prevent piracy. Despite turbulent times, they built their houses with such aesthetic, it feels like they are sculpted. Heading towards Pyrgos village, we’ll stop to overlook the captivating vistas of Mesa Vouno, dotted with small churches. This tour will end at the small, family-owned church of Agios Georgios to feast on some traditional products of the island, served at the breezy yard of the church – just like old times!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Traditional Tomato balls ,Fava , Cheese , Tomato paste , dried bread, apoxti
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - 3 type of wines
- Coffee and/or Tea - Greek coffee
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lignos Folklore Museum
- Entry/Admission - Αγίου Γεωργίου του Σιδερή
1: Fira Central Bus Station, Mitropoleos Street, Thira 847 00, Greece
2: Argyros Travel, kamari, Thira 847 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us the name of your hotel in order to set a meeting point and pick up time. Thank you
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lignos Folklore Museum, Kontochori, Fira 847 00 Greece
- The Foklore Museum of Lignos, where the ways of the past are kept alive, pinpointing the strong sense of community Greeks have, and the daily routines of the people in times where everything was handmade.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Castelli of Emporio, Emporio Greece
- Emborio/Kasteli Village, a fascinating place of great architectural value. Back in the times when Santorini was plundered by pirates, locals built their houses close to each other to prevent them and protect their families and fortunes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pyrgos Kallistis 847 00, Greece
- Pyrgos Village, a pitstop to enjoy the views across the valley, scattered with countless small churches! A sight for sore eyes!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Αγίου Γεωργίου του Σιδερή, Episkopi Gonias 847 00, Greece
- The family-owned church of Agios Georgios, a small church painted in the iconic white and blue colors, a place to pray but also feast on local delicacies and finger food, a tradition kept alive for decades.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Argyros Travel, Kamari 84700 Greece
Argyros Travel is an agency founded by local professionals, who strive for almost two generations, to show the unknown side of Santorini. What we do is help you get the journey of a lifetime, with seamless transportations services, specially designed island tours and accommodation. We chose our family name to be our band name because we are and want to remain a family business, dedicated to people who love Santorini as much as we do! We are committed to pushing boundaries every day to maintain the high standards of our services and keep adding value.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.